Heeees's back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heeees's back

Well I just got a call from Matt an AAFO regular who left the day after the races for the NAVY. Well he just called and told me that he's coming home. I will let him explain, but it sounds like the Navy likes enlisted men to not have a personality.

Re: Heeees's back

lol! ...and matt does have a "personality".

Comment

Sigh.....

I told him that the key to success was to just suck it up and 'play the game'.

Oh well.

At least he's got a decent haircut now.

Comment

Darn Kids

I told him to play the game, just jump dont ask how high

Comment

So, no Navy for Matt then?

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Haskin
            So, no Navy for Matt then?
            Air Force all the way!

Comment

I want to hear all about this from Matt himself. I bet he asked for a speedy boat and a rifle to get over and done with OBL so that he could get sooner back with air racing. They refused and Matt got frustrated. Am I close ?
              http://max3fan.blogspot.com/

Comment

hey guys, i got into reno last night around 2100, it still hasn't hit me that i'm home.

anyway, i played the game as best i could, and was doing ok for a while. i actually miss the 12 minute runs, i am out on a medical discharge but beyond that i'd really rather not go into too much detail, not right now anyway. sorry i disappointed you guys, thought i'd do better. i look back on it and i'm disappointed too.

however, i do intend to make good on it, all this means is my road is a bit longer than it would have been. i did take alot away from it though, some bad, but mostly good and made a lot of great friends while i was at it.

no navy. when i asked the lieutenant commander in charge of my case if i could go back to my division it was already too late, i was being seperated and i had the option of fighting my case there but two months in seperations and ultimately losing anyway did not sound promising. i brought it on myself.

while in seperations though i did the best i could to earn my keep, i was light limited duty so there really wasn't much i was allowed to do except head crew, during that time i became the head p.o. and did well, earning the title "williams, master chief of the head" by my shipmates. i learned much about myself and how to deal with people from a managerial standpoint, earning myself and my crew a 30 minute phone call for each of us after we braved the fearsome toilets and bleach fumes to make "my" head sparkle. honestly though, i'm surprised how well i faired in seperations considering it was worse than my division...

i'm still trying guys, in six months i will petition my case to have my status changed, beyond that i'm not sure what i will do. for the time being though college, work and apartment are all i'm focused on.
                heh heh alriiiight

Comment

YOU DIDN'T DISAPPOINT ANY OF US, MATTHEW. Make sure you understand that. We just feel for you because we know you were looking forward to this as an opportunity.

But nobody is disappointed in you.

Welcome back, "Master Chief"!

Comment

Don't ask don't tell...

No I do not mean it that way....

People shouldn't ask you the specifics, and you shouldn't have to tell them to go to heII...

It is your business why you did not complete the training. You do not need to explain anything to anyone. You raised your hand...you volunteered. That alone is a lot more than a lot of people would have done. I am personally proud that you did what you did. No explaination necessary.

Remember, You got that straight from a combat veteran.
                    Glenn Bloom
                    www.helicopterpage.com

Comment

Keep the faith, brother. Nobody's disappointed...just happy you're back alive.

Comment

thanks glenn, it's ok though. i don't mind if people ask, i just needed time to come back to reality, anyone who wants to know what happened email me and i'll tell all.

again thanks glenn, i have a habit of shaking every veteran's hand whom i meet, so think of this as an e-handshake...

ya, being back alive, and free means a little more than it used to, hehehe

matt
                        heh heh alriiiight

Comment

Working...
                        X