Blue Angels Fleet Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Angels Fleet Week

The Blue Angels sucked on saturday, very low energy show, just a couple of flybys with smoke, 40 minutes late. anybody know what happened?
    Tom

Re: Blue Angels Fleet Week

Marina Green with a couple of thousand other seasonded Blues spectators, many of whom started packing up and leaving mid show.
    Tom
    your mileage may vary

Comment

Best view I ever got of the Angels during past Fleet Weeks was from the deck of one of the Red & White Fleet tour boats. About 30 minutes before the Angels were to perform we got on the tour that takes you under the Golden Gate Bridge and then loops around Alcatraz on the return trip.

We happened to be out on the water coming back when their performance began, and were directly under the flightline during some of the low & fast passes (not show-center where boats were not allowed, but off to one side near Pier 39)....I have never been that close to a BA during a show before. It was like standing on the end of a runway as the solos and 4-plane diamond formations passed directly overhead.

Of course, this wouldn't have worked if they had appeared later than scheduled that day.

Comment

I Agree, I wished that the Sneak Pass was a little closer to the center line instead it seem that the people at Alcatraz got a better view at it. Not too sure about the delay but all I heard someone needed an air rescue in the bay so that could be it. I like the Blue's but for some reason they didnt seem to perform well. I will post some pictures up later..

Originally posted by Tin Man
        The Blue Angels sucked on saturday, very low energy show, just a couple of flybys with smoke, 40 minutes late. anybody know what happened?
        Tom

Comment

P.S....That was I who wrote about going out on the Red&White fleet ferry to watch the Blues ....I didn't realize that I was not logged in automatically at the time.

Steve

Comment

Blue Angels Fleet Week Pictures

I'll post some Fleet Week Pictures soon. My picture jpeg files are too big sorry, unless you wanna send me ur email so I can foreward them.
            Last edited by v8mbp; 10-17-2005, 09:46 PM. Reason: PIctures cant load

Comment

Blue Angels Fleet Week 2005 Photos

Finally got them uploaded here they are...
              Attached Files

Comment

Re: Blue Angels Fleet Week 2005 Photos

Originally posted by v8mbp
                Finally got them uploaded here they are...
                Looks like you had a pretty good vantage point.. thanks for sharing!

Wayne
                Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                X