Dago for sale.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dago for sale.

My wife says she will give me $25,000 if someone covers the rest! Come on Leo, I know you have that laying around!

Ok, everyone go through your pockets!
    Tony

Re: Dago for sale.

Hmm . . . I DO have an airplane fund . . . but all I found in my pocket was a candy wrapper . . . See Wayne's article on www.aafo.com (homepage-thingy) if you haven't already. Here's hoping Dago will race again!

(and what would your wife do if a bunch of AAFO-ers actually pulled this off, hypothetically speaking?? Hmm . ..)
    --Amy

-Tomcats and Red Mustangs Forever-

Comment

Let's see, $1.5 million, less $25k, split between the 821 members, comes to $1,796.58 each, plus or minus a candy wrapper, (or two).
      HEY, WE CAN DO THIS...
      Bear, look out AAFO Red's, coming through

Comment

Im in. Only 820 left?
        I am the Mouse

Comment

Count me in for two shares!!

Race 29
          Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

I am in for a share!!! That would be so cool!!

Comment

Okay, but once we BUY it, THEN what? Insurance? Entry fees? Maintenance? Tie-down/hangar fees? Fuel, lodging, & per diem expences for race week?

As my dad once said in reflection on having to pass on a Mustang that was for sale in Idaho for $2500 in the 1960's...."I couldn't have even afforded to go down and do a mag check on the thing once a month".

Comment

YEP....me too. I know of a few other that would be interested in a share or two as well.
                Sky Critter

Comment

We can hanger it at the Altus/Quartz Mtn Regional airport... that way I can keep an eye on it AND at $45 a month for hanger rental I'd even be willing to pay for it!
                  Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
                  My Photos
                  My Ride

Comment

Ok, so this is what we do for all of the extra fees. I'm sure we could secure free hangar space either in Reno, or near there. More money out of Stevo's pocket should be avoided, but considered. We elect a board of directors, treasurer, secretary, Sgt. at arms, etc. Everyone would have to agree to a strict Voluntary policy. Since Deepsky is fronting the largest investment, he could be CEO. Lodging and Per Diem would have to be on the volunteer crew members, as is on most teams I would assume. I'm pretty sure I could talk some of my old racing sponsors into covering some, if not all of the insurance. (From what I understand, we'd only be required to insure for race week, the rest would be "self insured" or standard aviation insurance. Maybe a decision for the "board") Any pilot we get, would have to be voluntary. No "paid test pilots". The decision on said pilot would have to be agreed upon by the board.

I know this is a grass roots effort, and maybe I'm just a dreamer........but I think it's possible. Count me in for two MORE shares (4 total)!!

Man, I gotta lay off the jagermeister!

Race 29
                    Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

I wouldn't want to be CEO, but I had better get a seat on top of the trailer that comes with the plane!

So now, how to root for "AAFO RED" , and the BEAR, at the same time.
                      Tony

Comment

Well, I could get a hanger and lots of people to wipe it down...
                        All I have is my milk money tho. A few of us at work figure about .001% apiece is all we could afford, do we get a seat on the trailer for that?
                        The wife figures good seats might be worth it, just to shut me up!
                        Now where did I put that lottery ticket?
                        Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                        airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                        thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Originally posted by speeddemon
                          Okay, but once we BUY it, THEN what? Insurance? Entry fees? Maintenance? Tie-down/hangar fees? Fuel, lodging, & per diem expences for race week?
                          Speed, don't screw up the fantasy.

Comment

Well, I asked my wife with as much charm as I could and she flat out said no. There was nothing to gain by begging. Sorry guys, I am not going to be able to race Dago next year.

Pete

Comment

Dago is listed on e-Bay.

Comment

Working...
                              X