Dago Red To Be Sold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dago Red To Be Sold

Will we ever see these two legends challenge each other again?

If Terry Bland has his way, the airplane will only go to another racer..

Anyone looking for an "out of the box" winner, here she is!

Dago Red!

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Dago Red To Be Sold

Lemme see,
    If two "ready to go" racers are for sale, I guess I should start liquidating. If I sell my house, VW, a few guitars, some baseball cards, cook for a few people, mow a few more lawns, skip Christmas presents, I should be able to come up with the .5 mill. I just need a few more investors to come up with the first million. Then which one do I buy, Dago or C-Mass? Hey bud, can you spare me a tank of gas? Damn it sucks to be poor!!!!

But ya know......(A seed is germinating)..........If the Bear can get her program going on fan donations, why can't we get up enough money to have a go at Dago?!!! We can get Haskins to fly her, there's enough of us here who know how to work on her. It can happen!!!

Damn, I gotta lay off the "Iron Eagle" movies!!!!

Race 29
    Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

I HAD to check AAFO this morning . . . Now I have to live with this news for the rest of the day . . . *cries* OOOH, poor Dago, poor poor Dago . . .

That said (and the mourning shall continue), of course Dago is not the first racer to pass through several hands and words do not express how grateful I am to Terry Bland for keeping my favorite red Mustang in tip-top shape. And oh yeah, they beat that white and gold airplane a few times too . . .

So here's to the good times under Terry Bland and here's to another illustrious chapter in Dago's life!

(P.S. Dago come to Oshkosh!!!! )
      --Amy

-Tomcats and Red Mustangs Forever-

Comment

I say Tiger should buy her back.
        _________
        -Matt
        Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

Originally posted by MRussell
          I say Tiger should buy her back.
          Not a bad Idea.
          I would buy Dago but there is only one thing holding me back. $$$$$$$
          Jarrod

Comment

Why would Tiger buy her back when he has one (potentially) just as fast in the barn?

Comment

2 heads are better than one?
              Jarrod

Comment

I'd like to see Dan Martin buy dago.

Comment

I'd like to see Jack Rousch buy Dago......

Comment

Originally posted by speeddemon
                    Why would Tiger buy her back when he has one (potentially) just as fast in the barn?
                    Because he built her.
                    Don't get me wrong, I prefer the Witch to Dago, but I just thought it'd be cool if Tiger owned both. Whoever said Jack Roush, that's a GREAT idea!

Hahaha... we can figure out how to spend these guys' money for them!
                    _________
                    -Matt
                    Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

[QUOTE=MRussell]Because he built her.
                      Don't get me wrong, I prefer the Witch to Dago, but I just thought it'd be cool if Tiger owned both. Whoever said Jack Roush, that's a GREAT idea!
                      [QUOTE]

Well...BOTH of those quotes are mine.

Tiger didn't really 'like' Dago, and that was one of the reasons that he sold it off to his partner after Reno '82....because he already knew that he could build a better mouse-trap: Strega.

Lets face it, we really don't know which is better at this point, because the two have only gone head to head once ('99), and Tiger popped on the last lap. But they were pretty equally matched, in my book. Strega just hasn't been healthy in the years since...but that is a case of what is under the bonnet, not the airframe.

Just my .02, but I don't see a reason for Tiger to own twins.

Comment

I was thinking the technology in that "Mouse motor" alone should be
                        worth quite a bit to a potential buyer.

My vote goes for Greenamyer to buy Dago Red. (hehe!)

Comment

"Lets face it, we really don't know which is better at this point, because the two have only gone head to head once ('99)..."
                          Ah, Brad, lest we forget '96. David Price in Dago leads from start to finish with Tiger nipping at his heels until the last lap (Strega had a mag problem, IIRC), only to find out he had cut a pylon. That was the first pylon cut to put a dagger in Dago's heart. But I would certainly agree about them being evenly matched. It seems as though whichever a/c has the lead coming down the chute and around pylon 4 should be able to hang on for the win... cut pylons and broken motors notwithstanding, of course.

SA

Comment

He who has the best motor (mouse) and crew (Kerch) wins in this scenario.

Of course, I think Strega is probably the better airframe in the long run...................especially if Kerch worked on it with what he learned while with Dago (which was after Strega).

Comment

Originally posted by Smee Again
                              Ah, Brad, lest we forget '96.
                              Ooooooh, you got owned, dude!

Comment

Working...
                              X