Air Racing Book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Racing Book

I think it was on this forum I read it, but there was some talk about a new book on the post war air races. Am I imagining things or not? Thanks in advance.

Re: Air Racing Book

Hi,

Kevin Grantham and Nichilas Veronico are working on a book chock full of color photos from the 1946 thru 1949 National Air Races held at Cleveland.

Kenn
    May all your bent wings be F2G Corsairs!

Comment

Thanks Kenn....will look forward to it. Any idea where it will be available? Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by Rigby
        I think it was on this forum I read it, but there was some talk about a new book on the post war air races. Am I imagining things or not? Thanks in advance.
        There is a good one which I got a few years ago "Reno Air Racing" by Michael O'Leary. There are a lot of great color pics and some interesting info from the Reno era of the unlimiteds. I mail ordered it and you could probably find it on the internet from the many book discounters, ebay, etc.
        For instance:did you know that a Bearcat(Conquest one) with an R2800 can do 483 mph? Soooooooo what should a little R2800 Yak be able to do?????

Comment

Working...
        X