Mystical Power? Resurected Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mystical Power? Resurected Thread

Can anyone confirm that Mystical Power made it back to PTK ok? I heard a nasty rumour at the local coffee shop of all places.

Chris

Re: Mystical Power?

Originally posted by Chris300s
    Can anyone confirm that Mystical Power made it back to PTK ok? I heard a nasty rumour at the local coffee shop of all places.

Chris
    IF it has made it back home, it has done so on the back of a flat-bed. Owner-pilot says "repairable, but expensive".

Comment

There was a post a while back from the owner/pilot saying he crash landed after engine problems. Fuselage was okay but the rest was really banged up...

WRL

Comment

Warlock #75, Steve Ballard, Al "Papa" Goss
        RIP 03/17/10

Comment

Resurected Thread

As best as I can pull them out of my email records from the board notifications to me, here's the string of messages as they went down.

AAFO_WSagar has just posted in the Air Racin' forum of Aviation Airshow Air Race Photography Discussion under the title of Campau Down But OK??????!!!!!!!!!!.

Here is the message that has just been posted:
          I can't find confirmation but an anonymous post on this board (in the moderation bin right now) just reported that Tom went in but is OK...

Accident was reported as happening in Wyoming??

I can't find confirmation on FAA site.. anyone????

Tom's a good friend and I'm praying that IF this report is accurate, that it's TOTALLY accurate in that HE'S OK!!!!!!!!!!

The plane is reportedly "gone"...

Again, Please Anon posters.. SIGN A NAME TO YOUR POSTS!

I would not even repeat this one but I NEED to know that Tom is OK!!

Wayne

Unregistered has just posted in the Air Racin' forum of Aviation Airshow Air Race Photography Discussion under the title of Campau Down But OK??????!!!!!!!!!!.

I'm right side up. Mystical Power is now spare parts. Engine came apart then froze. Tore the gear and wings off but did not even dent the cowling or my mk II horizontal.
          Tom Campau #21

AAFO_WSagar has just posted in the Air Racin' forum of Aviation Airshow Air Race Photography Discussion under the title of Campau Down But OK??????!!!!!!!!!!.

Originally posted by Unregistered
          I'm right side up. Mystical Power is now spare parts. Engine came apart then froze. Tore the gear and wings off but did not even dent the cowling or my mk II horizontal.
          Tom Campau #21
          PHEW!! Tom, I saw you depart yesterday.. you'd already started so I didn't go up and say g'bye... When I read the anon report I got chills man!!

Linda says she said a prayer for you and god bless you!

Phew.. Sorry about the plane, VERY happy you're OK!! Hope you had hull insurance!!

Wayne

scruffdog has just posted in the Air Racin' forum of Aviation Airshow Air Race Photography Discussion under the title of Campau Down But OK??????!!!!!!!!!!.

Glad to hear you are upright Tom.....Sorry about the airplane!

Randy Haskin has just posted in the Air Racin' forum of Aviation Airshow Air Race Photography Discussion under the title of Campau Down But OK??????!!!!!!!!!!.

Glad to hear you're safe.

Marauder61 has just posted in the Air Racin' forum of Aviation Airshow Air Race Photography Discussion under the title of Campau Down But OK??????!!!!!!!!!!.

WOW...

Very sorry about the misfortune with the plane. Thank God you made it out ok...

Air Sierra has just posted in the Air Racin' forum of Aviation Airshow Air Race Photography Discussion under the title of Campau Down But OK??????!!!!!!!!!!.

Damn sorry to here that Glad to hear that your ok...I'm the crew chief for T6 #16 we were kinda by you in the pits. I thought you T6 was the one of the best looking T6 there with the blue and dark gold....sorry to here that....
          Chris

Air Sierra has just posted in the Air Racin' forum of Aviation Airshow Air Race Photography Discussion under the title of Campau Down But OK??????!!!!!!!!!!.

Tom Campau #21
          If you interested in selling the airplane PM me
          Chris

FlyKidChris has just posted in the Air Racin' forum of Aviation Airshow Air Race Photography Discussion under the title of Campau Down But OK??????!!!!!!!!!!.

Tom,
          I'm very glad you're OK. We've never met, but I cheer for you because I got to chat with your wife about 3 years ago.
          Chris

tow-3 has just posted in the Air Racin' forum of Aviation Airshow Air Race Photography Discussion under the title of Campau Down But OK??????!!!!!!!!!!.

from the FAA page

IDENTIFICATION
          Regis#: 212TC Make/Model: T6 Description: T-6, AT-6, BC-1, SNJ, TEXAN, HARVARD
          Date: 09/19/2005 Time: 2345

Event Type: Accident Highest Injury: None Mid Air: N Missing: N
          Damage: Destroyed

DESCRIPTION
          ACFT ENGINE FAILED AT 13,500 AND MADE A FORCED LANDING IN A FIELD EAST OF
          TORRINGTON MUNICIPAL AIRPORT, TORRINGTON, WY

INJURY DATA Total Fatal: 0
          # Crew: 1 Fat: 0 Ser: 0 Min: 0 Unk:
          # Pass: 0 Fat: 0 Ser: 0 Min: 0 Unk:
          # Grnd: Fat: 0 Ser: 0 Min: 0 Unk:

WEATHER: METAR KTOR 192353Z AUTO 27008KT 10SM CLR 28/M11 A3013

OTHER DATA

Departed: OGDEN, UT Dep Date: Dep. Time:
          Destination: SCOTTS BLUFF, NE Flt Plan: NONE Wx Briefing: Y
          Last Radio Cont:
          Last Clearance:

FAA FSDO: CASPER, WY (NM04) Entry date: 09/20/2005

very glad to hear your ok tom...

speeddemon has just posted in the Air Racin' forum of Aviation Airshow Air Race Photography Discussion under the title of Campau Down But OK??????!!!!!!!!!!.

Tom Campau #21

First off, Glad you are okay, Tom. Really sorry to hear about the accident and your loss.

But hey...that started out as a 'parts' airplane anyhow, right? Its just come full circle!

Unregistered has just posted in the Air Racin' forum of Aviation Airshow Air Race Photography Discussion under the title of Campau Down But OK??????!!!!!!!!!!.

OK... You watch a $200,000 +++ investment "flat line" and tell me how the "Circle" works.
          Tom Campau

T. Adams has just posted in the Air Racin' forum of Aviation Airshow Air Race Photography Discussion under the title of Campau Down But OK??????!!!!!!!!!!.

A salute to the good times, the winner at Tunica. Glad to hear your Ok, Tom.

RobertLawson has just posted in the Air Racin' forum of Aviation Airshow Air Race Photography Discussion under the title of Campau Down But OK??????!!!!!!!!!!.

Oh my... I'm so sorry to hear this but I'm glad Tom is okay. I was lucky enough to meet him back during Tunica and it was very enjoyable, I thought he was quite nice and funny.

King has just posted in the Air Racin' forum of Aviation Airshow Air Race Photography Discussion under the title of Campau Down But OK??????!!!!!!!!!!.

Sorry to see a great plane go "TU", very happy to see that you made it through Tom!!

Planes can be replaced.......

speeddemon has just posted in the Air Racin' forum of Aviation Airshow Air Race Photography Discussion under the title of Campau Down But OK??????!!!!!!!!!!.

OK... You watch a $200,000 +++ investment "flat line" and tell me how the "Circle" works.
          Tom Campau

I'm sorry, Tom. I didn't mean to make light of a serious incident. As I said, first and formost, I am glad you are okay, and considering what happened, the fact that you were able to get it down in one piece and walk away from it is the ONLY important factor.

You had stated that Mystical Power was now "spare parts"...and I was merely commenting that it had come full circle because (as I'm sure you know) that airframe was built up from scratch, as a racer, back in the 80's, using just that...spare parts.

Thanks, T. Adams.
          It's 09/23 and I'm back home. The bird is fixable with enough moula. I'm on it.
          Tommy

Thanks, T. Adams.
          It's 09/23 and I'm back home. The bird is fixable with enough moula. I'm on it.
          Tommy
          Hey Tom... could have been worse, a LOT worse!

Hopin you had good insurance!!! Here's a couple from Sunday, this is where MP needs to be seen! In the air, with you flyin her!!

LONG LIVE MYSTICAL POWER!!!!!!

Marauder61 has just posted in the Air Racin' forum of Aviation Airshow Air Race Photography Discussion under the title of Campau Down But OK??????!!!!!!!!!!.

Here's my favorite Mystical shot from race week.

That was the last message on this topic before the database meltdown..

Wayne
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Re: Mystical Power? Resurected Thread

Thanks Wayne -

That really sucks. That's pretty much the same story that my fiance got from some customer at work... small world. I'm relieved that Tom is ok but damn sorry about the plane.
            A couple of years ago, after learning that Tom was a "local". My mom convinced him to take my dad up for a Birthday present. I've got a picture somewhere of my dad grinning like a little kid in the back of MP. We all stood by the North hangars at PTK while he took off and shot the sh**. A little later a guy starts pulling his Cherokee out of the hangar and turns on his radio. "North American you may proceed with fly-by", Tom comes zoomming down the runway, hard pull to 45, flick roll to 60. I swear I could hear my dad yahoo'ing in the back seat. Dad says Tom's got a personal race course laid out aver lake St. Clair and it's coool!
            Cool guy, cool plane, damn fast and I hope to see it up again soon. Fundraiser? I'll be there!

Chris

Comment

Re: Mystical Power? Resurected Thread

Semper Fi!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X