Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Military jets

I was wondering if anyone knew when we might see
    Raptors and JSF's showing up on the airshow circuit.

I really have warmed up to these aircraft and find
    them beautiful and fascinating.

Cheers!

Keith

Re: New Military jets

You can see the Raptors at Nellis in November and the JSFs proboley not till late next year or later.

Comment

I have heard that starting next year F-15 Strike Eagles will be doing demos at airshows and the Raptors will start doing Heritage Flights and demos in 2007. Can't wait. Hey Randy, any chance you can get a gig with the Strike eagle demo Team as your next assignment???? That would be sweet.

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by paintboy
        I have heard that starting next year F-15 Strike Eagles will be doing demos at airshows and the Raptors will start doing Heritage Flights and demos in 2007. Can't wait. Hey Randy, any chance you can get a gig with the Strike eagle demo Team as your next assignment???? That would be sweet.

Dave
        Rumor has it that Randy will be starting a new Air Force Demo team flying the Predator.

Comment

Originally posted by speeddemon
          Rumor has it that Randy will be starting a new Air Force Demo team flying the Predator.
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Predator? Is that one of the new UAVs?

Comment

"Mud chickadee?"

Comment

Originally posted by Race5
                Predator? Is that one of the new UAVs?
                I think it may be just that. He'll just remove the electronics and plant the column and pedals there. Maybe an old Martin Baker seat too.
                http://max3fan.blogspot.com/

Comment

I imagine seeing 20+ UAV all in formation ala SnowBirds, doing the same kind of routine, or even, have the UAVs painted black on the bottom and white on the top, flying in a 'box' formation, and have them spell words out depending on which 'bird' is inverted ... just a thought on how to make a UAV formation team 'standout' . . .

sgt

Comment

Originally posted by Juke
                    I think it may be just that. He'll just remove the electronics and plant the column and pedals there. Maybe an old Martin Baker seat too.
                    No, you're missing the joke, Juke. The ULTIMATE insult for a fighter pilot is to be downgraded to a remote-control 'drone pilot', having to sit in a comfortable chair in an air conditioned room, and 'flying'.

Comment

Somehow the idea of sitting in an air conditioned room thousands of miles away may be more appealing than having to dodge some heat seeking surface to air missile some camel jockey has launched at you. I am not fighter jock, but it sounds good to me.

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by paintboy

Dave
                        The Strike Eagles are flying demos now. There was one at the CAF show over the weekend. The F-18 demo was far and away better though.

Comment

The web site for the Travis Air Expo (October 15 & 16 at Travis AFB, Fairfield, CA) indicates a flyover by a Raptor on the performance schedule:

Mark Johnson
                          Strega Fan since 1997

Comment

No, you're missing the joke, Juke. The ULTIMATE insult for a fighter pilot is to be downgraded to a remote-control 'drone pilot', having to sit in a comfortable chair in an air conditioned room, and 'flying'.
                            Well I was not referring to sitting in a comportable chair but actually flying the drone manually inside of it.
                            http://max3fan.blogspot.com/

Comment

They will have the Raptor at the Edward AFB show, along with other cool stuff - around October 22rd, 23rd.

Comment

Working...
                              X