Sunday Unlimited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday Unlimited

Just getting around to editing some of my photos - thought y'all might enjoy some. Wait until I get my buddy JT's images (he filled two 1GB cards every day and dumped them on my computer for a backup). He did some nice stuff this year, but he doesn't have the time for post processing.
    Attached Files

Re: Sunday Unlimited

fenceliner-
    That second shot is terrific! I don't think I 've ever seen the entire Unlimited field caught in one shot like that...great work.
    Mark Johnson
    Strega Fan since 1997

Comment

Nice shots Mike. Its always a challenge to get that much blur in the background and prop but keep the aircraft sharp.
      Bill Garnett
      InterstellarDust
      Air Race Fanatic since 1965

Comment

Thanks for the kind comments. I have a bunch of sharp images, but with no prop blur ( you can almost read the stenciling on the blades) or background blur the images look too static. I think 1/125 or 1/250 is the best shutter speed, but requries a steady panning motion. I've still got a lot of practicing to do before I'm up to the standards of some other posters.

Mike

Comment

When I got brave, I was using alot of 1/160, but at 300mm (an effective 450mm with my camera) let's just say I was glad to have digital... I "wasted" a ton of shots to get a few good ones.
          _________
          -Matt
          Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

I know - I had a 70-200 zoom that I've never used for action photography until these races. It's heavier than I thought it would be, and with a 1.6x factor, (320mm eq.) I found that I had to pan faster than I normally would with a smaller lens. All in all though, a great learning experience.

Mike

Comment

Wow, that second shot is great!
              Jarrod

Comment

Great shots, and fantastic perspective on the Unlimited field. I guess I'll have to spend a day out at the fence next year.
                No pixels were harmed, honest.

http://www.ignomini.com
                http://www.pbase.com/ignomini

Comment

Not sure if this is the whole jet class (maybe one straggler)...
                  _________
                  -Matt
                  Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

Working...
                  X