What's next on the calender?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's next on the calender?

With Reno 2005 behind us, and the need for Air Racing still in my blood, I got to thinking "What's up next"? As best I can tell for major shows/races we have Aviation Nation at Nellis AFB Nov 12-13 and the Tunica Air Races scheduled for June 1-4 of `06. I've heard rumors of other races being planned but haven't seen anything in writing yet...
    So, who here is going to try and make both of these besides me?
    Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
    My Photos
    My Ride

Re: What's next on the calender?

I'm going to Tunica for sure, but next up for me is the CAF show in Midland next weekend. Nothing there as far as racers, but always a good warbird fix.

Comment

The US Aerobatic Championships are going on right now a few short hours drive from here, IF I can swing the time off work I might make the drive out Friday. There's also an open house at Sheppard AFB (one hour from here) two weeks from now that I plan on attending. I think those shold keep me going for the meantime.
      Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
      My Photos
      My Ride

Comment

The only thing I know of in Tucson is the "Aerospace in Arizona Days" held at Davis-Monthan AFB. Usually hosting either the T-Birds or Blue Angles. DM has also hosted the training sessions for the Heritage Flight the last few years. Maybe they are planning something like the Aviation Nation demo races at the next air show at DM?

I've lived in Tucson since '76 and, up until a few years ago, there were several local airfields that would have made good racing venues. I can't think of any now that have enough open area to support a 9 mile course. The only place around here (without making a runway) I can think of would be Cochise Co (P33) but that's at least an hour drive East on I-10 (just north of Wilcox). The areas around Ryan and Marana Municipal airports are rapidly being developed. There's a LOT of open space around Tucson but, unfortunately, there are no suitable airfields unless someone is willing to start from scratch. Tucson hosts several large (non aviation) events each year and welcomes all the visitors.

I'd be willing to do some digging around here if anyone can point me in the right direction.
        Sky Critter

Comment

Hey Stevo... didn't you mention something about Tucson in your original post? I just posted a reply and now I don't see the reference to Tucson. Please tell me you edited your post...otherwise I', going to have make a doctors appointment!
          Sky Critter

Comment

Next up for me is the Travis Air Expo on 10/15 & 10/16 at Travis AFB in Fairfield, CA. Here's the link for anyone interested:

According to the site info, scheduled performances include the Thunderbirds, an F-15, a B-2, an F-117 AND an F-22 Raptor!! Hopefully they'll all be there, it should make for a good show.
            Mark Johnson
            Strega Fan since 1997

Comment

No more Sheppard AFB open house for me... instead I should be working the Little Rock AFB open house showing off the C-5 GALAXY
              If you're in the area stop on by and say "HI".
              Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
              My Photos
              My Ride

Comment

Wings over Houston Airshow on October 8 and 9. Get to see the Snowbirds once again. Lucky for me my wife loves them.

Texaco/Shell gives us VIP passes and we are treated pretty well.

Comment

I am here at Travis so if anyone needs some info I will do my best to find out. Should be a decent show. T-Birds will be here both days.

Comment

Events close to me besides the Travis show is Fleet Week in San Francisco, which occurs the same weekend as the Houston show (Oct. 6-10). Blue Angels and the Red Bull Air Races scheduled this year. Might be interesting watching the Red Bull event performed over the bay waters this time.

...Then of course there's always the Salinas event (California International Airshow). T-birds there this year.

Fleet Week info:

Calif. International Airshow info:
                    The 2024 Salinas Airshow takes place September 27th - 29th. The 42nd Annual Salinas Airshow will feature the U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds, the U.S. Patriots Jet Team, the Incredible "Wall of Fire" and much more. Maverick's Lounge opens the festivities on Friday, with a word class culinary e

Comment

The Travis AFB main event-----------------ME!!!!(just kidding).My r/c club will be flying a demonstration on both days.We'll have a heli demo,warbird demo,and I will be doing the 3d demo with my 33% edge 540T. Watch out thunderbirds or should I say DUCK in coming!!!!!!!!!

JIM A
                      vacavalleyrc.com and wdarc.com

Those that are in sac area Oct 8-9 2005 woodland r/c jet rally with real minature turbines.Some sport jets lots of military(real,real nice f-100
                      Jim Adams
                      Blue Thunder 2 crew
                      Picabo race 51 crew
                      Rapid Travel race 75 crew

Comment

The CopperState EAA Regional Fly-In is being held at Casa Grande Municipal Airport October 6-9. Not a big event for performers but great for the homebuilt folks. Jon Sharp is scheduled to be there with Nemisis along with rows and rows of homebuilts. I've attended the last few years and it's a lot of fun. There's also some fantastic workshops every day. Casa Grande is about half way between Phoenix and Tucson along I-10. More info at Copperstate.org
                        Sky Critter

Comment

Working...
                        X