AAFO.COM Hurricane Fund - Special Thanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AAFO.COM Hurricane Fund - Special Thanks

I'd like to offer a sincere thanks to those of you who stepped up to help us out during the Hurricane Rita scare!!!!!!!!!

Also would like to offer my sincere apology for losing the data from the Message Board for the last few months..

I needed to make space on the drive quickly in order to do the server backup. I had a "dummy" domain, aafo.net that had been being used by someone a while back for experimentation and thought that a quick "delete" of that domain might do the trick... In my nervous haste to get the job done, AAFO.COM and AAFO.NET are right by each other on the check list.. I checked the one I thought was .NET and hit OK to delete.. then realized my mistake.. too late, the process already began and I was S-C-R-E-W-E-D!!!!!!

Backups have now been made, software to make this easier has been purchased and again, I'd like to thank those of you who's generosity helps keep this site alive and ready during all times of the year..

We're in a GREAT Data Center, they lost power during the storm but nobody would ever know it! Two onsite permenent generators were on duty and a third, semi-trailer mounted backup unit had been brought in as a just in case!

I've been with this particular DC since they were a "caged colo" with somewhat less than 1000 servers.. they now occupy two Data Centers in Houston, TX and have become the largest single dedicated server provider in the world!

They did not sit back on their butts once they reached the top!

We'll try to do better next time a crisis looms and will have more recent backups of all data on the site!

Thanks again!!!!

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"
Working...
X