DAGO RED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DAGO RED

Terry Bland has just informed me that he is going to discontinue Competetive Racing with DAGO RED. As a team - we would like to thank all of the fan support over the past seven years. This has been a very unique and unforgettable experience for all of us. Plans for the plane are unsure at this time - but I would like everybody to know that the Plane, Support Equipment and Spare Parts are not for sale. If anyone has any questions they would like to know - you can contact me by E_MAIL or by phone.

dannystout57@msn.com

801-787-4373

Re: DAGO RED

Well Dan, I'll I can say is you guys have supplied all of us years and years of thrills and we hate to see you go!

I also wanted to post a reply because I just got off the phone with Dan and I know, some of you are going to be in disbelief..

Unfortunately, it's true...

Woulda been one hell of a Reno this year!

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Wow! I was afraid of this happening before one more season that promised a real 3-4 plane battle. Let's hope there is a change of mind/heart someday. Or at least a sale someday to another go for broke team.

Thank you Mr. Bland, and all of your wonderful crew. No one has done it better and at the same time been such a friend to the fans. I wish you could have went out with a new 3-km record, and one more 500+ mph win, but maybe we should cross our fingers and say never say never.

V12s forever!

Lowell

Comment

Terry & Crew,
        We owe you much, Thanks.

Comment

Dago Red and White Lightning in the same year. Ouch!

Ah well. Thanks for all the excitement over the years. I can't predict the future, but I hope that Dago Red remains in racer form, since it has been going to reno almost as often as I have ( I made my first visit in '81, and DG first appeared in '82).

But even if you decide to restore it to a stock configuration, I wish you and the Dago Red team all the best...Take good care of that baby, because she certainly earned it

Comment

where will kerch and friends go? i wonder if a certain red mustang will be getting a bgger crew.
            heh heh alriiiight

Comment

Well, that sucks.

I really have some mixed emotions. (ahem...go Bear!)

I hate to see Dago retire, but then again, I'm happy. (go Bear)

Don
              (go Bear)

Comment

Wow, I'm stunned! I just received and e-mail that was the same announcement from above.

What else can we say but Thank You to Terry, Skip, and the entire crew for some really great racing. You guys are First Class! We'll all miss that beautiful plane, and hopefully we'll still see all of the wonderful people in other capacities down in the Pit.

Also, for what you guys brought to Aviation Nation in Las Vegas! We're so proud to have had you guys as a part of that event!

Thanks for everything!

Jeff Lee
                Aviation Nation, Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by hattend
                  Well, that sucks.

I really have some mixed emotions. (ahem...go Bear!)

I hate to see Dago retire, but then again, I'm happy. (go Bear)

Don
                  (go Bear)
                  Mark K....

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra
                    Glad you caught the sarcasm. Its really a shame to see Dago retire. Coming on the heels of Critical Mass, it is just depressing. I've been attending the races since the 70's and I was really looking forward to the 2005 Gold race, what with Strega coming back and all.

My hat is off to the Dago Team, you guys were (are) first class.

Don
                    (Go Bear)

Comment

My hat is off to the Dago Team, you guys were (are) first class.
                      Don-
                      Let's pass that hat around, and see if we can convince them to run one more year... ...come on,. PLEASE
                      (Plane & crew, will be missed..)

Paul

Comment

Glad you caught the sarcasm.
                        Thanks for clearing that up bro... the rest of your last post speaks volumes for your true colors here - the one of a concerened and saddened member of the air racing fans out here.

I knew of this possibility (Dago retiring from racing) a few months ago... but wanted to let things settle out and hopefully see Terry Bland & crew come back in 2005, especially with the announcement that Strega was going to be there. Knowing how intensely competitive Terry is, there was always the possibility this would influence his decision towards bringing Dago back for another year. Sadly, I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

I must agree... Hats off to a real class act over the years... you guys (and gals) will surely be missed from air racing. Reno will not be the same without you.
                        Mark K....

Comment

Even though I am a Bear fan I have to agree with everyone here, Dago Red will surely be missed. Thanks to Terry and the WHOLE Dago team for all their years of sweat and tears to put on one hell of a show.
                          Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
                          My Photos
                          My Ride

Comment

Wonder where Skip and the crew will end up, lots of very talented people there.

Sure going to miss taking shots like this, guess I can cut and paste Strega into the pic.
                            http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
                            http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Going out on top as the fastest and the mostest. The Dago Dogs are completely . Long live the Italian Stallion . So guys, do we switch allegiance to the other red plane . The jury is still out on who the Dogs will support. You can bet it will be with all that we have! V 12's rock

Comment

Working...
                              X