Notice to unregistered "Guest" posters:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notice to unregistered "Guest" posters:

This is just a friendly note to visitors who post messages but are not registered. Please remember, you are welcome to post unregistered but your message will fall into a queue, to be reviewed prior to "approval" for public viewing. Also, a LARGE part of the criteria for getting into public view is a "signature" on the unregistered message.

Discussions are not only allowed on this board, they are encouraged. That said, we will simply not allow someone who wishes to remain anonymous to "discuss" something, particularly to disagree with someone else who has stated who they are.

The only way we can keep this board open for those who either can't register, for whatever reason, or who forget thier login and wish to post, is to do it as we are now, reviewing all unregistered messages prior to them being in public view. When we read a "challenging" answer to a post, whether we agree with it or not, if the poster has chosen not to give any information about themselves, the message loses all value and will be deleted.

We remind everyone, registration only requires that you have a valid email address so that we can confirm you are who you say you are, it's very easy, it's free and has a host of additional benefits, other than instant posting of your message on the board.

Thanks....

Admin
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Notice to unregistered "Guest" posters:

Seems fair.

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Jones
      Seems fair.

Tim
      Rrrroger....

I put this "reminder" in because there are a few fairly worthy posts that are getting deleted, not necessairly because the content is "off color" or too mean spirited, but it's just unfair to totally disagree with someone and largely discount what they say when whomever posts the message does not give even the slightest clue as to who they are..

*MOST* really active message board systems these days are totally registered only, we have recently required "real name" to be included in our registration... (previously registered members are "grandfathered") it is hidden from public view and could just as easily be "faked" as could a @hotmail.com email address.... If someone really wants to go to the trouble to register a fake identity just to stir up problems, they will have a really short history here anyway so it's not that big of a deal... We do, however, get some fake ID registrations that are simply for the purpose of SPAMMING the members!

And if this problem were to get out of hand, there are ways of solving that also with this message board software..

The entire point of any of this type of "reminder message" or any moderation by those of us here who have volunteered to do so, is, quite simply, to keep the place civil and a FUN place to be.

Disagreements really are more than welcome, they are the stuff that this country is made of.. but intellegent exchanges versus childish snipes, insults and threats create a completely different mood.

Been there, done that, burned the T-shirt because it was waaaay too big....

Thanks for your support and for understanding!

You guys and girls (Fans and folowers of air racing and anything aviation related) are what make this part of the All Aviation website work! We want it to always be a place where anyone can ask whatever they want, give whatever opinion they want (within the DON'T BASH guidelines, of course) and feel comfortable in doing so, then kicking back and sharing their passion for flying and anything that flies, takes pictures of anything that flies or records the sound of anything that flies, watching anything that fliesw....... !!

Back to being plane crazy here..

Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

That's why we love this place (and you for making it happen)!
        Thanks Wayne!!!!!!!!
        Rachel

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
          This is just a friendly note to visitors who post messages but are not registered. <.....snip.....>
          Wayne, forgot my password. Send me an email with it or I can renew with a new password. Thanks Sandy

Comment

Re: Notice to unregistered &quot;Guest&quot; posters:

Originally posted by Unregistered
            Wayne, forgot my password. Send me an email with it or I can renew with a new password. Thanks Sandy
            Sandy, check your email... I left your other message in queue so you can post it under your membership once you get password...

Sandy, you may also have to manually delete your cookies if you have issues getting logged in. We changed servers back at the end of January and sometimes, the cookie that is on your computer (which keeps you logged in) will carry a different identity than what is now needed and we've had it cause some folks problems when they try to login after getting logged out due to the server move.. there is a really complete description of how to do it HERE

Let me know if I can help you further.. hope to be able to see you at Tunica...

Wayne
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
            X