Happy Birthday Sandy Sanders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Birthday Sandy Sanders

The board auto lists birthdays of those who actually give their birthdate when they sign up, it also sends a happy birthday message.. I just noticed in the "today's birthdays" notice, that Sandy Sanders who was the "voice of Reno" for many many years turns 74 years young today...

Happy Birthday Sandy "Speaker" Sanders!

Wayne Sagar
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Happy Birthday Sandy Sanders

Happy B-day....I had no idea Mr. Sanders was a member......

...Ummmm.....You didn't by any chance see an "R. A. Hoover" in the members list, did ya?

Comment

Just checked, no sign of Bob.

John

Comment

Happy Birthday Sandy
        Get back to Reno announcing.You were the only one that knew what was going on.I've been watching Air Races/Shows since my Cleveland days after WW2.I was a gofer for the late Jimmy De Santo who had the only flying Curtis P60 which he crashed.
        Bob
        Lockheed Bob

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
          The board auto lists birthdays of those who actually give their birthdate when they sign up, it also sends a happy birthday message.. I just noticed in the "today's birthdays" notice, that Sandy Sanders who was the "voice of Reno" for many many years turns 74 years young today...

Happy Birthday Sandy "Speaker" Sanders!

Wayne Sagar
          Hey Wayne, thank you for the good salutation.I'm still kick'en, still fly'en, still announce'n. In fact I will be returning to the announcing stand for at least two races this year. No, not Reno, I have absolutely no desire to return to the stand there.There will be a Form I race at Oak City on Memorial Day and following that will be Tunica. I will be announcing both races. Things are ginning up at Tunica and I believe this is going to be the start of a great silte. Stay tuned.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
            Hey Wayne, thank you for the good salutation.I'm still kick'en, still fly'en, still announce'n. In fact I will be returning to the announcing stand for at least two races this year. No, not Reno, I have absolutely no desire to return to the stand there.There will be a Form I race at Oak City on Memorial Day and following that will be Tunica. I will be announcing both races. Things are ginning up at Tunica and I believe this is going to be the start of a great silte. Stay tuned.
            Hi Sandy, my pleasure!

Good to hear that you're going to be active again (in air racing) I'm sure you have read, many of us are... I guess you could say "hopefully pessimistic" about Tunica. It might fall under the "too good to be true" category. I think that's what my feelings are.... I really do hope they can pull it off but it seems SO much in so little time, I truly do hope they are not biting off so much in such a short time that they wind up shooting themselves in the foot for their efforts!

Anyway, the fact that they tapped you is an indication that they know what they are doing!

I note that you posted unregistered... My guess is, you had yourself set to have the board remember your login and since I changed servers last month, it's not remembering you???

I'll send you a password reset reminder from the admin control panel..

Again... REALLY good to hear that you will be the announcer at Tunica! I'll make sure to look you up if I make it. I think I will though.. I'm practicing eating again, it's a long road! I don't want to have to carry my darn food with me again and sneaking into the dago trailer to feed myself via the damn tube is probably not going to happen at Tunica..

Happy birthday young man!!

Wayne
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Sandy,

I have been going to Reno for over 20 years and each year I recall how much your voice was a part of the races. I still love going, but it ain't the same with the current crew. Your post seemed to indicate that there were some not so fond memories of Reno.. What happened?

Thanks,

John

Comment

Working...
              X