Mini Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mini Me

I thought you guys might get a kick out of this one. At least the guy has a sense of humor....
    Attached Files
    the other Wayne................

Re: Mini Me

I bet that aeroplane is for sale in E-BAY saying:

Me 109 G scratch built 100 flying hours logged. Painted in the Defence of the Reich colours.Bidding starts at 300 K.
    http://max3fan.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hey any chance any of the rc modelers will bring there creations to the prs in june for a demo???
      Or am i outta my mind on this one?
      www.renosection3.com

Comment

300K is a bit rich for an ultralite.....

Comment

Section3guy, I might bring some of my gliders and possably a powered plane or two. Not sure about flying them at Stead though, it's usually a big deal for the R/C stuff to fly at full scale avation sites. It would be sweet to get my Rear Bear signed by Lyle Shelton and John Penney.
          Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
          My Photos
          My Ride

Comment

Do you have the Thunder tiger one?? sure looks nice. If only those big fat Grish tornado 3 blade props were still available.....

Comment

Hey Stevo, you flown it yet ? I was reading where there is less glue holding the stabs on then there should be, but you probably already know that.

bf1
              One more blade and a little less roar, Team Rare Bear ROCKED in 2004 !

Comment

Yep it's the Thunder Tiger Rare Bear (which I spelled wrong in the first post, sheesh...) and yes I've read all about the stab problems. There is a huge thread covering the whole thing over on RCUniverse.com that I have been following for some time now. My Bear still sits in her cave (box) though, I've got way to many other projects that need to be taken care of before I can even think about starting on it. I started in the RC hobby YEARS ago when flying the real things was going to be too expensive... now with the money I've got tied up in the models I could have BOUGHT a real airplane.
                Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
                My Photos
                My Ride

Comment

"Hey any chance any of the rc modelers will bring there creations to the prs in june for a demo???"

I've been dying to bring a plane to Reno since I started going (87). I emailed the local club a couple of years ago (they used to have a tent set up behind the stands) but I think that they were told no way. If it were to happen I would drive in from Detroit and bring a couple of large scale aerobats (1/3 scal Cap 232 and Stearman). I don't know if Keith Shaw is going this year but his Czech Mate will probably be ready.

Chris

Comment

well maybe i can scout around for a site here in reno we might all meet
                    let me know what kinda place i might look for if you guys are game.
                    I love rc planes, and air race rc planes! now we are talkin'
                    www.renosection3.com

Comment

I know there's an R/C club in Reno... where it is I'm not sure. Let me check the AMA website.... Yep found one powered club in Reno and a glider club in Sparks, didn't have much more info than though.
                      Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
                      My Photos
                      My Ride

Comment

I've been dying to bring a plane to Reno since I started going (87). I emailed the local club a couple of years ago (they used to have a tent set up behind the stands) but I think that they were told no way.
                        Remember the sweepstakes they held every year for an rc plane in the 80's? (usually a Bob Hoover ol' Yeller replica or something similar).

They use to fly early morning on the hardtop in front of the crowds, but that stopped after several crashes. One quarter-scale biplane came down on the blacktop, right in front of my spot in the bleachers, and nearly hit one of the Snowbird aircraft parked there (it augered in between two of them).

Since that year (somewhere around 85-87), I have not seen any rc flying there, except for some folks who fly hand launched wheel-less planes out behind the fenceline area on the far left side of the track (though not during races, of course).

(P.S....Likewise at Moffett Field in the early 80's. A pylon racer lost signal, impacted, and slid in to the crowds, slightly injuring a child....No RC at Moffet after that...)

Comment

I know there is a Reno RC club that flies on White Lake (dry) in Cold Springs, met a guy in it on New Years, and the BLM hills to the west of Stead and Red Rock Always seemed like a good place. Plenty of gentle breeze for lift off the western slopes overlooking that lake.
                          Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                          airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                          thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

If it were to happen again I'd be there with bells on. I fly at a couple of full-scale shows here in Michigan. Usually well away from the active or during no-fly in the mornings or specific times. We got tossed out of Willow Run because a 40% Edge went into the power lines and knocked out the power to the YAF pancake breakfast. If you're wondering what that looks like, picture a big brown cloud, with small burning pieces falling to the ground.
                            Not intending to completely hijack this thread but if you're interested in what we're doing now, check out www.flyingcirkus.com check out the vids, especially the jets.... Joe's F/A-18 is increadible. Turn up the volume and listen to it when the gear closes and the "cheater" holes shut.

Chris

Comment

Flying at airshows... I organized and coordinated for our club to put on a display at the Travis AFB Air Expo for the three years prior to 2001. For the fisrt two years it was strictly a static display but the last year we actually got to fly. If you want to call it that.... the air show gates opened at 0800 and the airshow started at 0900, our flying slot was 0800 to 0830. I think we might have had a total of 5 people watching, sitll a good time. I am trying to get us in the show again this year (the first Air Expo since Sept 11) with a static display and a better flying slot, we'll see how things turn out.
                              Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
                              My Photos
                              My Ride

Comment

Working...
                              X