DELETE COOKIES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DELETE COOKIES

This is not really critical but since the move to the new server, you may find that if you try to log in or out, the board may not let you. I'm not sure exactly what causes it, other than maybe the cookie that the board sends you when you choose "remember me" to stay logged in between visits, *may* have the IP address of the old server embedded in it...

Anyway, the quick and easy method is to go to your browser/tools/internet options/genera tab and just delete all of your cookies..

If you'd like to do it selectively, then open C:\Documents and Settings\your name on your computer\Cookies search out any cookie that has "aafo" in it and delete it. That should do the trick and still remember all the other sites that you have auto logins for.

Hummn... back via edit. I just also noticed that whether or not you have a www in the address to the site (either work, aafo.com or www.aafo.com) will make two cookies, one if you log into aafo.com/hangartalk another if you log in to www.aafo.com/hangartalk..

If you log out on www version, and then come in on the no www. login, if you have logged in at one time via that method, you'll still be logged in...

Strange but I guess it's the way it is and I'm not going to try to "fix" it unless it gives anyone problems...

-your friendly server admin-
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"
Working...
X