Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Message Board Back - Some Messages Lost (one week) Image Upload & Display Works!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Message Board Back - Some Messages Lost (one week) Image Upload & Display Works!

Though somehow, the backup I created had up to yesterday's messages on it, I managed *somehow* to lose six days worth.... even though, the backup that I made is the one that I restored... Sometimes with computers, impossible things happen? How can a file that was used last night to do a restore of this board that HAD the messages up till last evening, when used this evening, has only the posts from the database backup that I did a week ago within it?

No way to really spalain it... but it's better than losing the whole sheebang!

I think we got it all working... Cobra and I have been pulling hairs and taking names all day but all we had for quite a while was a really long list and a messy floor!

We may have it knocked though..

It looks like images upload, thumbnails click to large image, we're up to the latest version of the software and back on track and I'm not totally crazy from the process.. I already WAS totaly crazy so what to heck!

Attached Files
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Message Board Back - Some Messages Lost (one week) Image Upload & Display Works!

You DID get it working after all

You ARE da man Mr Wayners. As far as why you lost the 6 days of posts... I'm at a loss just like you. As long as the forums are working again that's all that matters. Best to leave that sleeping dog lie

Good job
    Mark K....

Comment

Re: Message Board Back - Some Messages Lost (one week) Image Upload & Display Works!

Originally posted by Cobra
      You DID get it working after all

You ARE da man Mr Wayners. As far as why you lost the 6 days of posts... I'm at a loss just like you. As long as the forums are working again that's all that matters. Best to leave that sleeping dog lie

Good job
      It's the damnedst thing! Had a backup that I made before getting really bold last night, ran it in after doing the update on the message board... it HAD all the messages.. of course, upgrading the MB didn't do the trick for the image problem though... so we did all the head banging today and still no joy.... I finally listened to something you said last night, even though, it should not have had to have been that way but anyway. Not gonna say what it is here because it's prolly not safe to.. but. That brought back the images... then I reupped the backed up database and bingo.... it was exactly the same as the one I'd done a week ago, even though, I'm SURE it's different... the two DB's are even different sizes.. but nope.. both have same date of images.. though the older one is totally hosed... breaks a lot of stuff on the page. I re-restored the site before doing all this stuff tonight and something seems to have gone awry then...

Oh well.. it works!

Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
      X