Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which F4U variant was the All-Coast Super Corsair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which F4U variant was the All-Coast Super Corsair?

I picked up a Hasegawa F4U-7 to convert into the racer. The bottom of the forward fuse/nose is flat on the -7 kit. Do I need an earlier F4U for the All Coast bird?

Also- Did the racer have a stretched cowl? Again, I'm comparing the -7 kit to drawings and pics of the racer and it looks like the nose of both planes are roughly the same length. Did the -7 have a longer nose than other Corsairs?

Thanks, Lee

Re: Which F4U variant was the All-Coast Super Corsair?

all coast corsair was a -1, and if i remember right they replaced the stock cowling with a modified a-26 cowl.
    heh heh alriiiight

Comment

The base fuselage was a discarded F4U-1 from one of the movie studios. It had been used as a 'wind machine'. I also believe that the wings were different...at least one of them was from a different variant.

Comment

Thanks guys. I'll try to trade this kit for an F4U-1. I gotta consult you guys BEFORE I buy kits

Comment

You can contact Planes of Fame for this info also. I helped a friend with a R/C super corsair he was making, they were very helpfull!
          Tony

Comment

Just one fan's opinion, but I liked the way the Super Corsair looked when it first appeared with BUD LIGHT in large red letters down the side...The red, blue and grey looked great together.

Comment

I think it was an early one with clipped wings. I built a model of one using a -1D with clipped wings and a 1/32 scale Spitfire spinner on the stock prop, it looks pretty cool. I was trying to find a 4 blade but couldn't. Check out www.Warbirdaeropress.com for more pictures of the Super Corsair. Thats what I based mine off of.

Will

Comment

Woohoo! Some guy from a model forun wants to trade me two Otaki Corsair kits for my one Hasegawa. Anyone need a Corsair??? Hey seriously if any of you guys want to do some trading, I'm up for it. I have (will have) the spare F4U and I can also make machined parts. I need decals or at least artwork so I can have a set printed.

Thanks for the help. I'm glad I got registered here.

Lee

Comment

Working...
                X