Lost Battles - Blue Skies Gary Kruetz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost Battles - Blue Skies Gary Kruetz

Some of you will remember a post I made a few weeks/days ago regarding BeerNazi's brother Gary having discovered a far worse version of the big "C" than had been previously diagnosed...

We'd like to thank all of you for your prayers and well wishes but God decided he needed Gary more than we did and he took him late last night.

He was with all of his surviving relatives at the moment of passing and went quietly and peacefully in his sleep while being kissed and caressed by his loving sisters and mother.

He would have loved going to the air races and meeting some of you but he'll have the best seats in the house now...

Give a little smile today for a good man who has moved on to greater things...

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Lost Battles - Blue Skies Gary Kruetz

Now he can fly higher than ever, and never have to touch down...Godspeed Gary.... Condolences to all his loved ones...

Comment

Originally posted by AirDOGGe
      Now he can fly higher than ever, and never have to touch down...Godspeed Gary.... Condolences to all his loved ones...
      I know you are right and that's usually how I feel but it's so hard to forget the smiling face and his enthusiasim over his new discovery, classic airplanes. I'll never foget his fascination with Precious Metal. For some reason, that airplane just struck his fancy. I really was hoping to turn him over to the crew and Ron this year and let them show him the airplane.

We got pretty close having shared the same battle. At the time, his seemed so much easier to conquer than mine and he seemed to have it nailed..

He was really brave about it right up to the end, that's got to be very very hard to do!

Wayne
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
        ...it's so hard to forget the smiling face and his enthusiasim over his new discovery..Wayne
        DON'T forget it, that was a gift, he shared with you. I lost a good friend to the mountains of Alaska 20+ years ago, and I can still see his silly grin vividly, when certain situations arise. He will ALWAYS be my friend, we're just seperatedly by a little more distance now. We leave little bits of ourselves with those we share this journey with, and live on in their memories. When you see PM think of that smile, not the loss.
        ---------------------------------------Paul

Comment

I agree.... "(his) smiling face and his enthusiasim over his new discovery, classic airplanes..." sounds like a wonderful way to remember him....I hope you never lose that mental picture.

Sometimes life doesn't seem fair,and many times it truly isn't.....It's good friends like Gary and our fond memories of them (including those we've lost through time) that make it all tolerable....We should all count our blessings when we are privileged to know good people and have the chance to call them "friend"...

You were blessed to have known him, as he was blessed to have known you (and as WE are blessed to know you, Wayne)......My deepest heartfelt feelings at your loss, my friend...

Comment

I only got to know Gary briefly, I can only imagine how my lady must feel holding his hand as he passed. She's currently down in Palm Springs where he lived, I had to stay up here and the family wanted to be alone with him anyway, just blood.. I respect that.

Phew.. thanks for the support. Air racing lost another fan, sort of. He'll be there, he just won't have to pay for a ticket...

Thanks again for the support, you "guys" are always the best!
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
              Phew.. thanks for the support. Air racing lost another fan, sort of. He'll be there, he just won't have to pay for a ticket...
              Thanks again for the support, you "guys" are always the best!
              Not only that, he won't need a pass to hang out at the pylons Wayne, I know I've mentioned it before, I lost my Mom a year ago to the big C. Turned out to be a blessing though. After she was gone, the lab results came back and the C turned out to be way worse than anyone thought. As you well know, the treatment sucks and MIGHT have let her be around for another 6 months in terrible agony. It was awful, but you have the right idea. No matter how well you knew Gary, if you remember the good stuff, it goes a long way towards healing. I feel for you and his family. The hurt will fade with time and life goes on. Take care of his sister. Take care of yourself. It's all good eventually.
              Sincerely and condolences,
              Bill
              Never mind. Maybe next year

Comment

Working...
              X