Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unable to post w/registered name

Wayne-
    I registered and the site "recognizes" me, but I can't post. Can you eliminate my "Lee from Texas" reg so I can try it again?

Thanks, Lee

Re: unable to post w/registered name

Originally posted by Lee/Texas
    Wayne-
    I registered and the site "recognizes" me, but I can't post. Can you eliminate my "Lee from Texas" reg so I can try it again?

Thanks, Lee
    Lee,

The registration for you shows you as "waiting for email confirmation". What the registration process involves is: 1. you sign up, 2. the board software then sends you a confirmation email at the address you type in at the time of registration. In order to keep just anyone from signing up someone else, or from a fraudulent signup by someone other than who owns a given ligitimate email address, the "signiee" must click on a link within the confirmation email, which proves to the board registration process that you are who you say you are.... so... In case you missed that email, I just had the board send it to you again.. You have a yahoo email account, if it's anything like hotmail, it might have automatically decided that this particular email was spam and you might find it/them in your deleted spam box..

Giver er another go, it's really easy as long as you get that key email and respond to it exactly as directed within it..

Sorry about the extra step but adding this requirement certainly has kept it very civil here! We can discuss pretty much everything and anything, within reason here but, everyone pretty much has to own their messages and there are NO snipes from dark corners.... which is what we were trying to eleminate and seem to have done.

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Lee from Texas
        Thank you!
        Glad you were able to make it work!

Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"