Any snow news from Stead?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any snow news from Stead?

Does anyone know how much snow has fallen at Stead? I was wandering if there has been any damage from snow accumulation on the hangers there.

Makes you wonder if it will all be melted by race week

Re: Any snow news from Stead?

How about Southern California? On the evening news they showed some hangars that were flooded in Corona. Everybody down there make it through the storms OK? Are all the warbirds in Chino safe and dry?

Rick

Comment

I now live in downtown Reno, and my parents are in Stead. They tell me that the snow is up to the kitchen window and that is about 5' at the bottom. I was in Lemmon Valley yesterday and it looked like every thing is OK at the airport.

Comment

Might sound funny to you, but here in Germany I heard in the radio news,
        that the highway between Reno and Carson City was temporarily closed
        yesterday because of about 6 feet of snow...

Jan
        Aerojan's Aviation Photography : Pictures of the Reno National Championship Air Races and Air Show
        Jan

http://www.AirRace.info = http://www.airrace.de

Comment

The snow is melting now. I can see the ground in a few places. The only damage from snow to buildings was a apartment car port and a livestock pen..nothing as far as hangers (thank god)
          but for the final stead word talk to Leo, I think his back yard is around pylon 4....
          www.renosection3.com

Comment

Melting, too bad.
            We've had Spitfires on floats, why not Bearcats & Mustangs on ski's.. Kraz ?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin L
              Does anyone know how much snow has fallen at Stead? I was wandering if there has been any damage from snow accumulation on the hangers there.
              Been watching that nasty weather in CAL/NEV. What a mess. Really messing with the airlines in the PNW. I live in Cheney WA near Spokane and it's a paltry 14°. Looking for a high of 18° Supposed to be -12° tonight. We only have about 18" in the yard but expecting more. (Since we're taliking weather reports )
              Stay warm and dry. Makes me wonder if the lake out off of Red Rock Road will have water and water fowl this year in September?
              ME PLEASE!
              Signed: Bored in GEG
              Never mind. Maybe next year

Comment

I think that there was only a few buildings damaged from all of the snow. I know that United Rentals roof caved in, and a few car-ports fell as well, but I haven't seen of heard of any damage at any of the airports. I didn't know that the Las Vegas Motor Speedway was next to Nellis AFB. Double my fun and tripple my pleasure.

The snow crews finally got to our side streets today. They've really had their work cut out for them.

Lonnie,

By the way is there any possibility of Critical Mass returning?

Comment

Working...
                X