Question???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question???

I just got sent an attachment from a friend in regards to a 1995 F-14 video. It shows the aircraft over the ocean with photographers on a USS Ship. The aircraft seems to roll out of control then comes apart in mid-air.

Don't know if you all have seen it but it is pretty shocking. Any info on the video?

Wayne, don't know if youv'e seen it either but let me know and I will send you what I have. It was sent on Windows Media Player. Don't know if I can attach it to this...

WRL

Re: Question???

Sounds like you are talking about the video of the VF-213 F-14A flyby Explosion that happened Set 20, 1995 - shot from the USS John Paul Jones (DDG-63). Just found & watched that video, and the F-14 series on the history channel yesterday. In the flyby video I saw the aircraft approaching mach (way cool) then bank right. I also recall that on the HC series, they noted that the F14A's engines were problematic, having some 80+ aircraft lost due to issues with them throwing compressor blades at high Gs... maybe this was one of them. Hard to say really.
    Mark K....

Comment

Try this sight it has what I believe is the fly by and lots of other neet videos

Comment

That's the one, pretty interesting huh?

Comment

Working...
        X