Bearcats at Cape May in 1971

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bearcats at Cape May in 1971

Here are a couple more scans of the slides I am going through, these should stir some memories.
    ~Jim
    Attached Files

Re: Bearcats at Cape May in 1971

Man, what a contrast. Gunther's Cat looks so smooth and clean, you could eat food off of it. The Phoenix is so grungy and dirty, it looks like it was painted with a mop.

Guess looks don't count for much, considering it was Lyle's first win!

Comment

Man if you look at the leading edge "scoop" in these shots and compare with what the "scoop" looks like now, you can sure get an idea of where the lost boost at Reno 2005 went..

The "eyelid" shown in this photo taken by Mike Gallagher during the wing mod prior to RENO '05 REALLY shows how the airflow might well "ignore" the opening...

The crew did some modifications to the opening after noting the loss at Reno but something tells me, since they still were low on power, they need to rethink this part of the wing mod if they are going to compete with a healthy Strega, September Fury, LARS (Galloping Ghost), Dago (hopefully) and whatever else comes down the pike for next year and beyond!

Wayne
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Here's a shot of the work being done to the intakes on Thursday.

Sky Critter

Comment

With Glider90's old shots and the new ones, it really is much more apparant what's going on with the airflow.. least it is to my untrained eye... a much more experienced person I was talking with at RENO thought they needed to shave more of the mod off also..

Threre's drag there to be sure but what they did isn't the cure apparantly..

Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
          X