Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• canon digital rebel

what do you fellas think about the digital rebel?i have a chance to get
    one at a great price and move up to digital from my minolta maxxim.
    thanks,ric

Re: canon digital rebel

Originally posted by lowpasskid
    thanks,ric
    Ric, I don't have any experience with them but I seem to remember some very good photos being posted here from one of them.. maybe do a search on the forum with digital rebel as the keywords... also, there are a number of forums out there that have a lot of user input.. one that I visit is

This is actually the forum that covers that particular camera.. you'll get a good feel for what it can and can't do from there.. I seem to remember (remember, my memory is pretty shot right now) hearing that they are a pretty good camera.. I think they are like Canon's version of what the D70 is.. or actually, the D70 is Nikon's version of the Drebel I think since the D Rebel came out first.. I think... err..

I'm having a senior moment.... I think....

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

thanks,ric
      I took these photos with my Rebel and Canon's 100-400mm zoom lens.

Registered members may upload and share images. PLEASE note copyright rules must be followed.

I'd rather have a 1Dmkll but it's what I could afford at the time.
      The 20D looks like a good camera but I like my Rebel and I can't afford a new body every year . Might have a new piece of glass by the time Reno comes around though .
      http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
      http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

I too would much rather have the 1DMKII but I am satisfied with my 10D for now.

In my opinion the Rebel is a great starting point to get you into the digital SLR realm. If there's any doubt about the quality you can get out of the camera just take a look at Victor's link on the previous post. You'll find that you will want to invest your money in some good glass though, but be prepared to have a much lighter wallet afterwards. You can't go to far wrong with a white lens that has a red stripe.

Good luck on your decision!

Comment

thanks,ric
          Add my two cents. The DRebel is good camera. The D20 would be nice, but I believe you are better off investing in the glass first.
          Here is a link to a photo I took with Digital Rebel and a Canon 100-400L.

Dan Plunkett

Comment

You may want to look at a used 10D, since it has true AI Servo AF, something the digital Rebel does not have. Many 10D's are being dumped on the fredmiranda.com buy/sell board at good prices, with people moving up to the 20D, or mkII.

Although I have to admit, Victor, and Dan have found how to shoot action without the AI Servo.

Victor, what big white lense is calling your name, the 300 f/2.8L, its bigger brother the 400 f/2.8L???

Comment

Rick & Tim, Thank you both, I try real hard with what I have.

Originally posted by T. Adams
              Victor, what big white lense is calling your name, the 300 f/2.8L, its bigger brother the 400 f/2.8L???
              Well I'm finding that lead in my right foot is not as heavy as it use to be and I tire of trying to find 100+ octane gas for my car that seems to get out of the garage less and less. If I sell my Charger I might just jump right to the top of the game: A 1Ds mkll with a 400 f2.8 and a 20D with a 70-200mm f2.8 for backup and closeup stuff. And "IF" I sell my car and get two new cameras for me I'll give my boy the use of my Rebel with the 100-400mm. Putting a lot of thought into what I want to do right now, so what will I do next year? not sure yet. One way or another I will at least try for the 400 f2.8 by Reno.

I just had to go shoot something the other day and went up to LAX.
              Man can you believe that's the sky over Los Angeles, don't see it like this very often!!!
              http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
              http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Sell a muscle car??????? Are you nuts. I know it's tempting, but my hot rodded truck has not been raced for close to 3 years, but I don't think I'll ever sell it. I could not get even close to the time and money out if it that I spent on it.

You know the mkIIs does not have the same blazing AF as the mkII. Canon dumbed down the AF just like they did with the original 1Ds. You will need that 400, since the mkIIs is full frame with no crop factor.

Oh boy, you and Tyson with the monster 400's. You won't be hard to find, but your back may be sore!

Comment

wayne,(glad to hear your getting better!)victor,rick,dan and tim.
                  thanks for your input!i had to decide tonight to get or not to get
                  and i did.let the fun begin...!
                  p.s.i have had my 68 340s barracuda since 1985 and its
                  always for sale,just no body has come up with the right price!
                  thanks again,ric

Comment

Working...
                  X