My Photos
    My Ride

Re: Santa came early...

Lookin good Stevo - congrats

How about some info on the new toy
    Mark K....

Comment

Yeah, I guess I shoulda said what it is for those that want to know, huh?
      It's the Canon 20D (D for Digital) with the 17-85mm IS lens (IS for Image Stabilization) and a Sigma flash. That should be enough information to keep anyone busy for a little while It just showed up at the door no more that an hour ago so I can't say anything about it's performance... other than regurgitating stuff I've read on the internet.
      Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
      My Photos
      My Ride

Comment

Sweet - should make for some great times ahead
        Mark K....

Comment

Nice. It is taking all my will power to not buy a 20D. I think after the tax return comes though, I'll be able to resist no longer. Let us know what you think when you get a chance. I'm really interested since my 10D will become my backup, and the 20D will become my main camera for action.

Enjoy your new toy, but beware of lenses with a red stripe. Once you get one "L", you will be sucked in like you would not believe.

Comment

What do you think caused me to buy the 20D! I bought the Digital Rebel about a year ago and then just before Reno bought the 100-400L lens... now I needed a camera that could keep up with the lens. Damn vicious circle.
            Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
            My Photos
            My Ride

Comment

Nice Stevo... Nikon just gave me an Xmas present.. they lowered the price on the D2H down to below $2000. Just almost exactly a year after the camera released, and only about 8 months since I bought mine for almost $3500.

Nice Nikon... !

I'm not planning on selling mine but if I was, the used price just dropped to about $1100. from about $2600.

Price reductions over time are normal for DSLR's but this much of a drop this quickly is unprecidented.

There is better stuff coming from them so they want to clear the shelves I guess.. I wish I'd have known that Nikon was going to fix my D1 so well when I sent it in early this year... and would have had a crystal ball to know that I'd miss Reno and all other summer shoots to only need the D2H really once, at the live fire demo at Nellis in May, because my D1 was in the shop at that time..

If only I'da waited!

But, on the good side, at $1999. the Nikon D2H is now, probably the BEST DSLR deal ever... Neal.. will hell finally freeze over for you at this price point? It ain't gonna get any better than this... Geez.. maybe I'll buy another one NOT!!!!!!!

Wayne
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

That is a hell of a deal. Now if we could just get the mkII down to that. But that ain't going to happen for a looonnnnnnnngggggg time.

Comment

Working...
                X