Strega Questions: Can It Be True??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strega Questions: Can It Be True??

Where did I read it... Strega was to go back to stock????

READ MORE HERE!

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Strega Questions: Can It Be True??

Holy ****! Talk about a helluva Christams gift being here in Kuwait!!! Excellent article Mr. Sagar! I like that lil blurp of Roush support for Strega. Pretty freakin cool!
    Last edited by Eric; 12-13-2004, 05:24 AM.

Comment

Excellent news. I already have the plane tickets in hand for next year having cashed in my frequent flyer miles. Looks like this could be one heck of a year.

Comment

Great news. I had heard the same rumors a couple of months ago: that Tiger and Roush had teamed up to bring two Mustangs to Reno next year. I am glad you got the news from Tiger himself. No more doubts!

It makes perfect sense. Roush already knows engines, racing, and has his own Mustang. Will Roush's Mustang be the second one? I wonder if Roush is bringing his NASCAR sponsership to Reno? Could this be the start of big sponsership and large scale coverage for air racing?

Comment

Yes this is great, but large scale sponsership, don't kid yourself. Roush had trouble this year getting a sponser for the #99 car. They basically ran without a sponser all year. They finally did aquire a sponser when NASCAR changed the rules late in the season to allow hard liquor sponsers. Which is very ironic considering that the old timers like Junior Johnson were moonshiners to begin with.

Comment

Who will Race Voodo Shawn

Comment

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i wonder if my model i gave and the many thanks i laid upon him had anything to do with it?

imagine it guys, A FOUR PLACE RACE FOUR THE GOLD!!!!!!

THANKS TIGE, MY FAVORITE RACER RETURNS!!!!
              heh heh alriiiight

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Aro
                Who will Race Voodo Shawn
                That's easy, the same guy who flew her (very ably I might add) at Vegas.... Mr. Bob Button!!!!!

Can't remember ever seeing a guy smile as much

Wayne
                Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Great news, and just before Christmas too
                  Thanks for the stocking stuffer Mr Wayners - nice article . Reno 05 is already shaping up to be one of the best events in years... Strega, Dago, Rare Bear, Sept. Fury, ect. - all vying for the top honors. It's the best Christmas present a race fan could hope for.
                  Mark K....

Comment

omg omg omg With this news I am even more excited about 2005 air races.I cant wait till sunday. Welcome back Strega! Add wild fire to the mix , omg...and im 267 days away from all the excitement.
                    well Wayne thanks for the early birthday/ Christmas present you made my day
                    P.S. You have any more suprises in that bag of tricks of yours?
                    or better yet can you top the strega news...(im setting the bar to high i know)...lol
                    www.renosection3.com

Comment

Glad you guys liked the News! Nothing more up my sleeve, sometimes things are just whispered in my ear with the warning "say anything about this and I'll never whisper in your ear again"....that begins a process whereby I have to get *someone* else to tell me the same thing.... In this case, Tiger and I get along fairly well and thanks to *someone* else who did a bit of verifying for me... and who kicked me in the arse and said... "why don't you call Tiger and find out" which I did soo......

We all get the good news!

I'm just happy that Tiger was in the frame of mind that he didn't care if we did tell the story.. Sometimes, racers don't want projects talked about in public and we wind up bursting at the seams wanting to spill the beans..

I simply can't imagine how good it's gonna feel to not only BE at Reno again after a year's absence but to be there with Rare Bear, Dago Red ANNNND Strega all race ready and healthy...

I only hope that nobody breaks early, and they all play cat and mouse with each other.. or maybe "Bearcat and MouseMerlin" with each other all week! What a delight.. what a week of racing we're going to be treated to this coming year!

Wayne
                      Wayne Sagar
                      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Remember Jack Roush makes the cylinder heads most racers use on Merlins, and even had a booth at OSH a few years ago. The stock RR castings are pretty rough, Jack gives them the full port/polish treatment along with multi-angle valve jobs. Standard auto race stuff apparantly non-existent during WWII.
                        Ron Henning

Comment

No surprise here, but then I did have inside knowledge about a week after Reno! Nice digging Wayne to get this one out in the open. I wonder though if Bob Button was made prevy to all this news because he was not aware of it at Nellis. I know he is planning to have a go with Voodoo, but what IF he does not get his ticket as a race pilot?? There may not be a Voodoo racing at Reno in 05. Who will be the backup pilot for Voodoo just in case?? It will be great to have the ole gunslinger back in the fight! Tiger has about nine months to sharpen his claws. There is a great line from ICE AGE that fits well here. The Bear better watch its back because the tiger will be chewing on it! Let's let the fur fly.

Dave

Comment

HoHoHo!! Merry Christmas!!!!

Thanks Wayne, you have totally made my day! And thanks to the Strega camp. You've made a lot of people very happy!!!
                            Rachel
                            counting the minutes to Reno 05

Comment

Originally posted by dineega
                              HoHoHo!! Merry Christmas!!!!

Thanks Wayne, you have totally made my day! And thanks to the Strega camp. You've made a lot of people very happy!!!
                              Rachel
                              counting the minutes to Reno 05
                              Thanks to you guys for speaking out and letting your feelings show. I truly don't think that Tiger and many other racers realize how, over the years, they become almost part of the race fan's family. When they leave or for one reason or other, can't attend, they are missed. Air racing without Tiger or Lyle and his airplane, whether or not Tiger and Lyle are flying them, is just not the same. Having them both move into the realm of owner/racer is so... ummn.... historic!

Very "NASCAR like" in that it's sort of passing the torch onto the younger pilot (John, you owe me one for that statement) and then sticking around as owner/ramrod for the team.... can you imagine the advantage that this brings to a team having the ability to plan stragedy with two very good race pilots thinking things through!

I know John and Tiger and some of the other race pilots come by and check out the boards. I used to see Tiger's username "lurking" about once in a while, I suspect, he's not logged in anymore and I know he's really busy with the transition from one life phase to the next but, let's hope he does drop by so he can see how his fans feel..

I'm going to bet money that even if you want someone else to win, like the die hard Bear and Dago fans, you're bursting with joy over this! I can truly hardly believe it! We as race fans could not hope for more. Not only does this mean that Strega stays a purebread racer, it means that we get to enjoy the personality that Tiger brings to the "show" and he, maybe more than any other person, brings PERSONALITY to the pits! There's nobody like Tiger... nobody!

Wayne
                              Wayne Sagar
                              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                              X