red bull air racing article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• red bull air racing article

If anyone is interested there is an article about the Red Bull racing at Reno this year in the latest issue of Popular Mechanics.

Re: red bull air racing article

Yeah, there's also a great one in the latest issue of World Airshow News.

Of course, I'm kinda biased, because I DID write it. But it's a nice complement to the Reno article and the story about Warlock that I also did for the same issue.

Comment

I enjoyed both articles in WASN, hope you can sell more racing related stories to other more widely read publications.
      Ron Henning

Comment

There is a very strong posibility you will have the opportunity to write about Red Bull Racing at Reno. Spoke with Mike Houghton at Nellis and he indicated Red Bull Racing would return to Reno for the 05 races. I believe when they booked the Red Bull for this years event RARA commited them to two years. Check with the Reno Air Races web site in the future for the announcement of next years performers. With ICAS being held in mere weeks the site should be updated soon afterwards.

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by paintboy
          ......With ICAS being held in mere weeks the site should be updated soon afterwards.

Dave
          I give, what's the ICAS?

Thanks,
          Gary

Comment

International Council of Airshows.

One a side note.
            A local midwest act has contacted me and is thinking about using some of my photos blown up to promote their act at Vegas, and on their website. Finally I may make a little money off this. Maybe enough to buy a soda.

Comment

A local midwest act has contacted me and is thinking about using some of my photos blown up to promote their act at Vegas, and on their website. Finally I may make a little money off this. Maybe enough to buy a soda.
              Congratulations Tim!

Even if its only enough to cover the gas to get you to the next airshow every little bit helps.

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by T. Adams
                International Council of Airshows.

One a side note.
                Clarification ICAS is usually the generic term used to describe the convention held each year by ... err... ICAS.. it is where most acts are booked for the upcoming year.

Tim, congrats on the paying gig and boy do I totally understand how little you can make at this! Even when you sell a story or photos to a major publication, until you get into the center part of the magazine (hard turf to break) you make peanuts. The easier part to get into is the front and back sections, either the news blurbs or the what's coming blurbs.. either way, they pay pretty small.. but... it's all a case of a dollar here, a dollar there...

Suplimenting my meager early retirement experiment with my "free lance" photo work and website hosting/development, I REALLY understand the never pass a penny on the sidewalk way of doing business.

I make very little at this, luckily, over the past year, I've managed to not have to pay for the server out of my retirement check. Which is a huge I mean HUGE leap... Most of what I do make is web work, however, and the photo work is merely a small part of it all..

Making a "living" at photography is extremely difficult, making it as a published shooter, even more so, making it in the niche market that aviation is, is even harder yet.

Many of the "big names" that you see published all the time would be the first to tell you that it's not much more than a "pay for itself" (at times) hobby or, more accurately, passion.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, if you decide to shoot airplanes, don't do it for the money, you'll be sorely disappointed. Do it for the love of it, the challenge, the adventure and you'll be happy....

How's that bread and water tasting Tyson?

Wayne
                Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                X