enlistment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• enlistment

hey guys, i just wanted to take the time to let you guys know i'd be enlisting in the navy within the next two weeks. i'll be in the delayed entry program so i won't be leaving for a while, but i decided i needed an education and wasn't getting it humping boxes all day long.

anyway, if there's any objections, nows the time to say 'em.

matt
    heh heh alriiiight

Re: enlistment

Matty,

Congratulations on a smart move! Work hard while in there, respect your officers and shipmates and you'll do well!

If you ever wanted to learn to fly on someone else's dime, there is the chance that if you want it bad enough and work hard enough, you might get the chance in the service.

I was just talking witha guy I know who is immensely successful, was an F-15 pilot, now flies MD-11's for a major "box hauler" making money that I can only dream about. I asked him how he did it, great grades, what...??

He just said that he wanted it more than anything and that was his total focus at all times, to become a fighter pilot. I guess that says it all!

Congratulations Matty!
    Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

enjoy it! my baby brother is a lifer in the navy and loves it. it's a great career.

Comment

Matt-
        OUTSTANDING! There hasn't been a Navy (guy) I've known who didn't KNOW his sh*t, in his/her choosen specialty, DAMN good training.
        Definately keep in touch, it'll be fun to follow your progress.
        With a delayed entry, it'll give you enough time to learn how to swim. (if you don't already).
        I've got a lot of respect for Navy guys, even the ones with the funny hats.
        GOOD LUCK ..........Paul

Comment

Good Luck, Matt.

I was 20 years (77-97) in the Air Force and my brother was 20 years in the Navy(76-96). A great career move for both of us.

Don Hatten
          Rare Bear Fan Sponsor

Comment

Working...
          X