Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Magazine with air racing

Hello everyone,

I wanted to give you all a heads upon a new magazine called Experimental Aircraft Technology. I managed to get my grubby paws on an issue and it is loaded with air racing stuff along with articles from the leading edge of sport aviation.

The pics below are the cover and table of contents from the premier issue. Inside is a great article highlighting the sport class at Reno this year, a fascinating write up on David Rose's Renegade, and much more.

I spoke with Brett Hahn (the editor who gave me permission to post the images) and he has articles on NemesisNXT and Greenamyer's Lancair in the works. The magazine's focus is to provide world wide coverage of new trends, technology breakthroughs, stunning new aircraft designs and in-depth technical articles on aircraft design, fabrication, and testing.

For subscription info, check out their to-the-point website at www.extechmag.com. If you stop in and visit John Parker's Blue Thunder (next to Rare Bear) at Nellis this weekend, we will have a few issues for interested parties.

Thanks,

Bill Pearce
    Attached Files
    Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
    Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

Re: New Magazine with air racing

Billy

Looks pretty interesting, also, an interesting format for a magazine... is it really "sideways" like that? If so, that'd actually be sort of cool, especially if they are image heavy, since it's more the format of a natural image..

Man, on their website, they REALLY need to fix their images....

They lookin for contributors??

Or... are I gonna find that some of those photos are by none other than our Billy Pearce, (with an e, not an i )

Wayner
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Speaking of racing & magazines; check out the new Air Classics. It has this years Reno coverage. And they finally put September Fury on the cover where she belongs
      Jason S.
      Jason Schillereff

Comment

As for the new mag., is it going to show up at Barnes and Noble, or Borders bookstores. I would like to check it out before shelling out the cash.

Comment

Yes, the magazine is in the "landscape" format like EAA Sport Aviation. Yes, they are image heavy. It is all color with nice glossy pages. Yes, they are looking for contributors. And yes, the website could use some tweaking, I understand that is the plan.

And a final yes, Mr Sieger (wink), you will see some photos from Mr. P-E-A-rce in this issue, and correctly credited I might add.

Jason, cool deal on the Sept Fury cover! I love the paint job on her.... in fact, the whole team is great.

Bill Pearce
          Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press

Comment

Tim,

I will see if I can get an answer from Mr. Hahn. I am leaving for Nellis in a few hours so I will have to get back to you next week. Sorry for the delay.

Bill

Originally posted by T. Adams
            As for the new mag., is it going to show up at Barnes and Noble, or Borders bookstores. I would like to check it out before shelling out the cash.
            Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press

Comment

CONGRADs on the photos in the mag Bill!
              unfortuantly i will not be albe to make neills this year
              you guys have fun something happened at the last min here he bill can i get a few photos???for those who didnt make it
              www.renosection3.com

Comment

Sorry if I'm repeating anyone but why is Air Classics Coevrage smaller this year.
                Jarrod

Comment

Originally posted by jarrodeu
                  Sorry if I'm repeating anyone but why is Air Classics Coevrage smaller this year.
                  Jarrod
                  Maybe because "Guenniviere" didn't have his personal B-25 humming around the Stead skies at his disposal this year.....just a thought....

Comment

What ever happened to this magazine?

Comment

I tried to check into a subscription a while back, couldn't do it through the website, and just got a recording "we'll get back to you....." by phone. They might be better now, but it didn't leave me with the impression of a serious effort....

Paul

Comment

They folded. After much effort and much expense it did not have the subscription/add revenue it needed to really get going.
                        Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press

Comment

Working...
                        X