Plugging My Favorite Airline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plugging My Favorite Airline

Over the past few years, I've flown more than in my entire life. From American to United, Delta to America West, and my favorite of them all, Southwest Airlines.

I'd love to say that United came out on top, or American because I have good friends who work for both. Both are top notch in the flight department, American being a very good airline, operating big comfortable airplanes for coast to coast routes... but....

Screw up a reservation, or have to change trip plans..... you're in deep doodoo...

I can not say what American or America West, or Delta's policy is regarding trip changes but Southwest is perfect. Order your ticket really early and you get the cheap "promotional fare". No, it's not refundable, so if you cancel a trip, you're going to have that trip amount "on account" with Southwest until you do go somewhere. However, if you just need to change days, you only pay the difference between the short notice ticket and what you already paid. United charges you a $100. penalty, on top of whatever the last minute ticket price is, and it's usually a whopper of a price! On top of that, if I'm not mistken, they charge for the last minute price BOTH ways, even though you're only doing half the trip at a different time.

Back a few years ago, I tried to return early from Oshkosh and I did not have enough money in the bank to do it it was so spendy!

I just changed my ticket from Saturday (today) to Vegas for Nellis to Thursday next week and the difference in price was only 74 bucks! You're only changing on leg of the route, so you only pay for the price difference in that one way trip.

No they don't feed you and that can be a bit uncomfortable if you fly, say from Portland, OR to Tampa, FL.... something over 5 hours in the air with a change planes that does not give you enough time to get a sandwich to take with you in-between... so you buy two befoe you leave!

FA's are almost always jovial and friendly and funny, airplanes are sometimes only a few days old (nuttin like the smell of a brand new Boeing!) It's just plane old good flyin with Southwest...

And yes, I'd love to see a Southwest Airlines logo on this site as a sponsor!!!! (Connie... do some talkin for me ey )

Up early and chatty,
    Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"
Working...
X