POTW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POTW

For those interested, the POTW was taken from Pylon 8 at the end of the first lap of the Gold. It was actively raining at that point. One of the great sensory experiences of my years of photographing Reno was standing there in the cold rain with these incredible machines approaching out of the crud and wailing over our heads. We could see them across the East side of the course, then they'd almost disappear down the Valley of Speed and then pop out of the fog again and scream past....

Absolutely amazing! I still can't believe these guys were up there at 480 mph in that stuff!!

The shot below is, I think, the second lap.

Neal
    Attached Files

Re: POTW

Amen, Neal.

I remember your comment as we were getting back on the bus...."Well, that certainly ranks as one of the strangest Reno experiences I've ever had!" In fact, quoted you with that exact statement in my World Airshow News story.

Only at Reno.

Comment

Is this DAVE WEIMAN? If so, hi from Ron Henning
      Ron Henning

Comment

Originally posted by Ron101502
        Is this DAVE WEIMAN? If so, hi from Ron Henning
        Sorry Ron. That was my post. I'm Dave's Air Racing Editor for WAN. Actually, Dave has 'retired' and isn't running WAN anymore. But I think he can still be reached at:

<weiman@mailbag.com> if you want to say hello.

Brad

Comment

See, the red plane is again enfrente del BARE Neither rain, nor sleet, nor snow or hail can stop our Dago from showing her tail. . . . to the externally lubricated community project!! Can't you just hear her scream!!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X