Reno 2005 PRS Dates?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reno 2005 PRS Dates?????

Will probably have to bid my third-round prime annual leave next week, and need to know the dates of the 2005 PRS so I don't miss it. Oh, and I already bid off for the entire week of air racing - so I'll be there next year for sure now .

If you don't know the dates - historically which weekend on July has it been? Just need a little help here guys - don't want to miss out.

Thanks in advance
    Mark K....

Re: Reno 2005 PRS Dates?????

PRS was June 19 & 20 this year (fathers day weekend) and I think it was fathers day weekend last year also.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay
      PRS was June 19 & 20 this year (fathers day weekend) and I think it was fathers day weekend last year also.
      Hey Markers, there is a possiblity they have not nailed the date yet. It was a week earlier this year (I think) than last, or BeerNazi was a week later in school (I'd have to check the dates for last year) because she could not come down as she did the year before... I take that back... she did too fly down this year... maybe I should not write messages when I get up to medicate my self early hours...

Wayner
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Yeah, I've looked on the RARA site and no info besides last years - I'll just take a chance I guess and bid off for the thrid weekend in June. Thanks for the info
        Mark K....

Comment

Gathering of Mustangs also in June......2006

What would be real cool is if the planned "Last Roundup" of P-51s at Stead in June 2006 was in conjunction somehow with Pylon School that year. The same weekend probably isn't feasible but I hope they set it up somehow so a guy can get in on both without making two separate trips. Wishful thinking?

In any case that Mustang Roundup will NOT be something to miss! It would be great if a racing Mustang showdown of some type could be staged. Maybe some Unlimited Drags of a sort, like what was tried back in the 70s, or a time to climb contest (sorry no Bearcats invited).

What I'd love to see is a mutual funded 3-km official course set-up with about 4 or 5 Mustangs giving the world record a shot. Probably Dago will go after that record before then. But, just imagine if Dago, a ressurrected LARS (in new Gallopping Ghost II colors), Strega, and maybe some of the other 51s of note (#5, #11, #20, #22...) had a Mustang fly-off with the slower rides beng first up. Even if there were no sanctioned International timers present and it was just a grudge race with a donation kitty for the expenses...it would still be tremendous.
          With a year and a half to prepare and that much time to seek sponsors, donatons, and a groomed 4 or 5 plane entry list it might just work???

Oh, and John Parker will need to plan a Thunder Mustang fly-in about then as well. Got to get Gunther Balz and his Thunder out west this once along with some other racy ThMs that are flying!

Comment

Working...
          X