X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ov-1c mowhawk

need help finding a run-up check list for the ov-1c mohawk
    have a powerplant, on engine stand, and can't seem to find a checklist

seems thoes here at aafo are able to find just about anything when mission impossible comes around

much thanks
    mayo

Re: ov-1c mowhawk

Here is the OV-1 Mohawk Association's web site:http://www.ov-1mohawk.org/ I think those guys can help you. There is lots of cool stuff on the site, and they are a nice bunch of guys. Good luck with your project, it sounds like fun. P.S. let us know how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayo
      need help finding a run-up check list for the ov-1c mohawk mayo
      Try owners association site <www.ov-1.com>
      another good place to start is <www.warbirdalley.com> lots of links, followed one to <esscoaircraft.com> several types of manuals, repair,operational, etc. depending on model & year.
      .....live to surf, surf to live..........let's get that beast flying...........Paul

Comment

Try <www.esscoaircraft.com> several different manuals, depending on year & model.
        Another good starting point is <www.warbirdalley.com> lots on links there.
        (excuse me if this double-post's I had a little problem, and eventually I'll figure out the hyper-link thing.
        ...........................happy surfing.........................Paul

Comment

I think I've got it now, here's another............Paul

Comment

www.eflightmanuals.com Has the OV-1C manual on CD-ROM for under $20. I haven't dealt with them before, but the price seems reasonable, the reprints I have seen for the Mohawk sell for around $80.
            Dan Johnson

Comment

much appreciated

one has been ordered with big thanks to you all
              this should be cool
              tell ya if we're successful lighting this thing up

p.s. the cowling is green with AVG sharkteeth

mayo

Comment

Are you guys trying to restore one to flying condition, or just have an engine off one? Are there any in civilian hands?

Comment

There are a number of Mohawks flying in civilian hands. The American Wings Air Museum tends to have 1-3 flyable at any given time. The last time I was out that way there were 8 Mohwaks in various states of repair on the premises. There are at least a couple of other Civilian Mohawk operators out there, and Courtesy has one for sale right now if you happen to have $200k to spare.
                  Dan Johnson

Comment

I think the DEA has a few in Boise. (All kinds of bulges and secret stuff on em). I also think the Forest Service is using them for Lead-in/spotter planes for Fire Bombers. Find yourself an old Metro Mechanic and he/she can give you a start checklist. They-re just old TPE-331's, right? (I haven't researched this so I am talking OMA).
                    ME PLEASE
                    Bill
                    Never mind. Maybe next year

Comment

I believe the OV-10 had the TPE 331, OV-1 had lycoming.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                        I believe the OV-10 had the TPE 331, OV-1 had lycoming.
                        Not sure about the Bronco, but the Mohawk has the Lycoming T-53
                        Dan Johnson

Comment

"Not sure about the Bronco, but the Mohawk has the Lycoming T-53"

"I believe the OV-10 had the TPE 331, OV-1 had lycoming"

See, I WAS talking OMA I got confused..... Obvious difference between the NAR bird and the Grumman. I just jumped the gun. On my own, I added the "zero". Sorry for the confusion on my part. The Bronco is the aircraft I was talking about. Carry on............
                          Never mind. Maybe next year

Comment

While at A&P school we had several mohawks 4 or 5 i believe. the turbine class ran them regularly. They are quite a unique looking bird.
                            a&p

Comment

There are two OV-1s at the Army Aviation Heritage Foundation in Hampton, Ga. armyav.org. B&C models use the Lycoming T53L7A and the D model uses a T53L701A. L7 engine has 1050 shaft horsepower and the L701A 1400. I flew these wonderful aircraft for 6 years. Bill

Comment

Working...
                              X