Darryl Grenamyer at AOPA in Long Beach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darryl Grenamyer at AOPA in Long Beach

Hi from the AOPA show. Saw a sign here that DG will be signing autographs at the Hartzell Propeller booth from 10 to 12 on Saturday. Anyone have any questions they would like to ask him? I don't think he makes many public appearances.

Propfan

Re: Darryl Grenamyer at AOPA in Long Beach

Originally posted by Unregistered
    Hi from the AOPA show. Saw a sign here that DG will be signing autographs at the Hartzell Propeller booth from 10 to 12 on Saturday. Anyone have any questions they would like to ask him? I don't think he makes many public appearances.

Propfan
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Yeah, how does Darryl spell his last name, I was looking up articles and found it spelled: Greenmeyer, Greenameyer, Greenamayer, Greenemeyer, Greenmyer and now Grenamyer.

This is killing my search engine............................Paul

Comment

I would venture to guess that the spelling at the official RARA website would be accurate (Darryl LGreenamyer), and it's the spelling I see most often in text articles.

Does he have his own website by any chance? If so, then that should provide an accurate spelling of his name.

I still get fooled at times with the two "R's" in his first name. (DOH!) I'm so used to seeing it spelled DARYL, as in former L.A. Dodgers player Daryl Strawberry.

Comment

I've been spelling it Greenamyer. I think that's right. I really, really, really hope I have not been spelling it wrong.

Bill

Originally posted by Apteryx
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------
        Yeah, how does Darryl spell his last name, I was looking up articles and found it spelled: Greenmeyer, Greenameyer, Greenamayer, Greenemeyer, Greenmyer and now Grenamyer.

This is killing my search engine............................Paul
        Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
        Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

Comment

Thing that ticks me off, is not giving the man the credit he's due.
          With the literal nature of these damn computers, (even the libraries), one of them has dumped its hardbound magazine reference books already, I can only find references to about half of what this man's done. I'd like to go back and smack some of these writers. If you're going to do a story, about a man, do him the decency of spelling his name correctly.

RIGHT? Mr. Cegar

Comment

LOL... for the record, as far as I know, his name is spelled Darryl Greenamyer. At least, that's how the RARA program has alway spelled his name and how I've drilled it into my head to ensure I don't do the dirty deed...

Wayne SAGAR esss as in Sam, A G A R....

Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Cool. I thought I was getting it right.

Bill Pearce.... see that, no "i". "e" then "a".
              Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press

Comment

Or, if you go by the write up in the really, really bad 1/32 scale Red Baron kit that was produced in Korea about 10 years ago, it would be "Grima Myner". No Darryl. Just "Grima" (first name) "Myner" (last name).

Comment

Gentlemen,

I was actually looking up some geaneology information and I happened to come across this one. Darryl Greenamayer (spelled correctly) is my second cousin. His daughter is my age. My mother's father was his father's brother.

Anyway...enough of that...

The correct spelling is Greenamayer (my mother's maiden name).

markrsullivan@yahoo.com

Comment

OK - Not sure if my other post made it or not. Hopefully not, because it went into how this guy is my 2nd cousin... and I espoused the proper spelling, which after 35 years and a call to my mother, Darryl's 1st cousin, I learn that I am the one spelling it all wrong and I'm the dim wit.

Anyway...

The real spelling of Darryl's last name (and my mother's maiden name) is
                    GREENAMYER...and you can take that to the bank.

markrsullivan@yahoo.com

Comment

Originally posted by markrsullivan
                      The real spelling of Darryl's last name (and my mother's maiden name) is GREENAMYER...and you can take that to the bank.

Whoohoo, I got it right. You had me scared on your first post. Thanks for the clearification.

Bill Pearce
                      Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press

Comment

Originally posted by markrsullivan
                        I'm Darryl's 1st cousin, I learn that I am the one spelling it all wrong and I'm the dim wit.
                        UH-HUH, so I wasn't the only one..

Thanks for the correction Mark................................Paul

(now, sure there aren't two l's, in Darryl?).............

Comment

Working...
                        X