Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VooDoo "04 Piston on Ebay

$45 no bids, 3 days left

One more blade and a little less roar, Team Rare Bear ROCKED in 2004 !

Re: VooDoo "04 Piston on Ebay

Sounds interesting. I hope it sells.

Hmmmm....I wonder how much one could get for an ex-bear piston, signed by Penney and Shelton? It might sell well, but I suspect it would do better if placed for sale at the races where all the air race fans and RB fans will be grouped together, rather then Ebay.

How much for a heat-damaged supercharger gear or a bad 3350 jug from 2004? (hint hint). Items with some historical significance race-wise would have more value, and items from a championship winning bird would do better.

Comment

It sure didn't take them long to start tearing parts out of her after this years event. Is she already home, or did they have to do a re-build at Stead again?

Comment

Hmmmmmm…… If someone from the Bear crew were to offer to sell a used piston/super charger drive or better yet a used cylinder posing as a lamp, how much would one be willing to pay for this fine product? We actually thought for the past 2 years selling Bear blood (oil) in small vile containers. Most of our parts are able to be rebuilt but you never know, like the super charger drive gear (wasted).

So this is good, tell the Bear team what you would like to see for sale next September and we’ll see what we can come up with.

(Short Story): Three years ago we had this fan come up to the hangar and ask if he could let the Bear drip oil on his hat. Not knowing anything about anything we said ya sure go ahead. A big oil drop finally dripped and then he asked if Lyle or John could sign his hat by the drip/drop. We thought wow, what a concept.

Seeyaontheramp
        Scott Litster
        Bear Crew

Comment

Originally posted by Bear Tech
          Not knowing anything about anything we said ya sure go ahead
          Heh Heh... it's hard to notice that you're a part of history when you're working so hard to make history happen....

Wayne
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

"better yet a used cylinder posing as a lamp"
            I've got one I bought at Planes of Fame a long time ago. Really cool.

Bear Tech, saw Ray on the same cruise as my family a couple weeks ago.
            Hope he also had a good time!

Leo
            Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
            airplanenutleo@gmail.com
            thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

I don't think the piston is an 04, i bought one just like it sunday in the pits. its signed by jack hovey as well as curt brown. neat start to a collection, now if they would only sell bear parts

Comment

or better yet a used (rare bear) cylinder posing as a lamp, how much would one be willing to pay for this fine product?
                Well, a visit to MOTO ART shows a polished Curtiss Wright piston with an ajustable desk lamp mounted to it going for $250. I would think an RB piston/lamp or cylinder table lamp (signed of course) would command at least that much at the races, if not more.....Just a guess-timate.

Comment

yes i saw that the other day on there web site. i want one but the wife wont let me boo hoo but a rare bear lamp whould be much cooler!!!!!)...I wonder why no one has bid on the piston on ebay, if it were cheaper i might but money is tight right now
                  www.renosection3.com

Comment

One thing about Ebay is it's size.....I would not have even known about the piston or the L-39 for sale there if it hadn't been posted in this forum.

Comment

A few years back (1999) at one of Tiger's Christmas parties, I gave Tiger the Piston from the number two Master Rod that had failed at Reno 1992, it still even had the chunk of rod hanging from it, Lyle had autographed it earlier in the day to Bill, Nice to have a little piece of ground round for your trophy wall after throwing arrows at it for a few years. There is only one known piston from the 3 Km record engine, the rest were inspected and sent out to another engine that needed repaired while Rare Bear's engine sat in rebuild, The number 17 piston was not the correct part number usually used on Rare Bear engines and was installed by myself, Chris Wood, and Dave Cornell during emergency repairs in December of 1988 at Stead before sending the plane home. So it was not sent with rest of the set of matching part numbered pistons sent out, I asked Bill Jones if I could have it, Bill gave it to me as remberance of my work on the record engine. So there it sets.
                      John Slack
                      John Slack

Comment

John, you signed in!!! Good to hear from you.... any chance you'll be at Nellis??

Wayne
                        Wayne Sagar
                        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                        X