"New User" Sorry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "New User" Sorry

Sorry if any of you got an "off color" email from someone who signed up and then apparantly emailed a lot of members or PM'ed them last night..

Whomever it was, this is a new angle for spammers! What a lot of effort this one went through to get an opportunity to send spam!

This one made the mistake of sending me an email also so I became aware of it right away.

Anyway, user gone, I'll have to keep my eye out for more of this type of stuff, if any of you get suspicious email or PM's from any user, please let me know ASAP!

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: "New User" Sorry

Dang it Wayne, And I thought it was for real, HAH!
    Hope you're feeling better today.
    Bill
    Never mind. Maybe next year

Comment

Originally posted by Air Race Addict
      Dang it Wayne, And I thought it was for real, HAH!
      Hope you're feeling better today.
      Bill
      LOL Bill.. I am feeling a lot better thankyou! I'll be happy when it's all behind me, hair back... able to eat and drink normally but... Like James Brown said.. " I FEEL GOOD " and I do!

On the spammer... geez... it's not bad enough that I can watch the maillog in real time on the server and my filters are rejecting about 10 to 1 due to being spam on the incoming.. If I turn off the server mail filters, I'm FLOODED with junk mail to the point that I can't find the real mail in it all..

Now, they are going through the trouble to actually sign up and send via the message board!!

Suggest to all who are members, go in and change your settings to hide your email address. You'll still be able to get PM's and be mailed to via the board but no one will be able to actually see your email address.

Wayne
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Wayne,
        Glad to hear you are feeling better. Like I said in another thread, I've been very close to someone in your position and every day you feel better is a victory towards recovery. And, I am making the leap to quitting myself, AGAIN. You would have thought that I would have quit when my sister went through her "event", even though it wasn't directly related to smoking, and my Mom passing away in Jan to what would be described as totally related to smoking, (thankfully it wasn't a prolonged illness. But, here I go again. My biggest incentive, if not for myself, is because I love my daughters and want to see them grow up. And, I don't like being sick. Plus, I don't want to ever miss Reno Anyways, you know we are all rootin' for ya and got you on the prayer list.
        Oh Yeah, good idea on the hide the email address. That should help.
        Bill
        aka: Air Race Addict
        Never mind. Maybe next year

Comment

UPDATE- Re: "New User" Sorry

The "New User" had already signed up again with name similar in structure to the first one. I researched the IP address range that both had come from and it was located in italy and both were from the same company.

I've taken measures to ensure that they will be blocked from accessing the message board... hopefully this works and also, I sincerely hope that the spamers have not figured out an automated script that allows a bot to do what was done last night!

If so, then all message systems, even those that are all regged (this person registered with the validation and all) are doomed to be spammed!

That would be a bummer, indeed!

Don't worry though, there are ways around that even....

Ever vigilant!!!!!!!!!

Wayne
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I figured it was just another offshore spammer when I saw the poor spelling and the aafo return address.....I've seen then hit up other forums on rare occasion.

Thanks for responding so fast, wayne!

Comment

Hi Wayne good to here you're feeling better. I got one of those e-mails today from a Miss lillian and linked to your web site. spammers are nuts.

Comment

You rock, Wayne. How goes the recovery?

Dave

Comment

You rock, Wayne! How goes the recovery?

Dave de Vos

Comment

Originally posted by BYP
                    You rock, Wayne! How goes the recovery?

Dave de Vos
                    Slow Dave... During the treatment, I was so messed up due to having the back of my brain in the path of the radiation, as well as the effect of all the drugs and chemo, that the time really flew by. It was all sort of like a dream, two months of treatment seemed like two weeks... (in retrospect at least)

Now that my wits are back (mostly) the almost 4 weeks since my last treatment seem like four months and I feel like I should be well already.

It looks like there will be some perminent changes to my apperance. Probably never have a moustache again, my hair may never grow back on the back of my neck (exit path for radiation, again) I still can't swallow, so I eat and drink via a tube in my abdomen just below my ribs.

Other than that, I'm doin great!!! My biggest problem right now was coming to the realization that since I'm going to be in Vegas for 10 days next month and probably will still be on the tube diet, how in heck am I going to get three cases of the liquid diet down there! No way it'll fly in the suitcase... the airline would skin me alive and I've already got a big heavy bag to carry all of my accessories for the digital cameras... not to mention, two D1 series bodies and a crapload of lenses and all the other junk that goes with being an overequiped photographer.... (sound familiar?)

Thanks for asking Daver.. how's tricks down your way?

Wayne
                    Wayne Sagar
                    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Hey Wayne, glad to hear your felling better everyday. What about Fed-Exing (or other freight carrier) some of your gear and diet sustanance to Vegas, then you could travel light and pick everything up when you arrive?

Have a great time in Vegas.

Dave
                      Dave

Comment

Originally posted by catalinadave
                        Hey Wayne, glad to hear your felling better everyday. What about Fed-Exing (or other freight carrier) some of your gear and diet sustanance to Vegas, then you could travel light and pick everything up when you arrive?

Have a great time in Vegas.
                        Thanks Dave, that's exactly what I'm going to have to do. I'm trying to avoid the expense though, it's going to be pretty spendy, those cases are not exactly light!

But if that's what I have to do, then I'm gonna have to do it! FedEx Ground might not be too bad.

I'll check it all out because the airlines will sh it if I put that much in a suitcase!

Wayne
                        Wayne Sagar
                        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Been awhile since I've travelled on the airlines but, they used to have a 66lb limit.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
                            Thanks Dave, that's exactly what I'm going to have to do. I'm trying to avoid the expense though, it's going to be pretty spendy, those cases are not exactly light!

But if that's what I have to do, then I'm gonna have to do it! FedEx Ground might not be too bad.

I'll check it all out because the airlines will sh it if I put that much in a suitcase!

Wayne
                            I gotta believe someone in Vegas sells the stuff. A few phone calls to track it down and get a prescription transferred (if needed) has got to be cheaper than shipping cases of the stuff!

Jeff
                            Jeff Lo
                            Biplane race #13 "Miss Gianna"
                            Biplane race #6 "Miss Dianne"

Comment

Originally posted by FlyinLo
                              I gotta believe someone in Vegas sells the stuff. A few phone calls to track it down and get a prescription transferred (if needed) has got to be cheaper than shipping cases of the stuff!

Jeff
                              Hummn.. A thought. My insurance covers all of it and they just delivered about 8 cases! Shocked me because previously they never delivered more than about 3, usually a two week supply was the drill. I was thinking I would be getting off the stuff and begin eating soon but it's not looking good for that...

They are pretty proud of the stuff, it's spendy as heck.

It'd actually probably be a wash, since the insurance will NOT cover anything beyond the stuff I'm getting. I know this because at the beginning, I wasn't tolerating the stuff the supplier brought so I ordered a different type, I got charged as "non covered benefit"

Anyway, I've still got three weeks before I head down... I might get lucky and begin eating during that time. If so, maybe I'd only have to send down half or, even luckier, if I can eat enough, maybe none!

This thing is SO damn frustrating! I'm well in my mind, but my damn body wont cooperate! Now, this weekend, I've got the luck of getting the flu or something that's attacking my throat.. can barely talk.. nice!

I'll be glad when all this is behind me!

Wayne
                              Wayne Sagar
                              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                              X