Some Photos from Saturday and Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Photos from Saturday and Sunday

First time out at the races this year...what a blast. Can't wait for next year. Here are some shots from Sat/Sun, enjoy!
    Attached Files

Re: Some Photos from Saturday and Sunday

Originally posted by Glenc
    First time out at the races this year...what a blast. Can't wait for next year. Here are some shots from Sat/Sun, enjoy!
    Welcome to the madness! You are embarking on a life long journey, your addiction to air racing has begun... be prepared to hear the airplanes fly through your brain at night, skin twitching as next september approaches...

There are many other symptoms... I'm sure some of the other addicts will post up some warning signs.

The good news is, there is no cure!

Welcome and nice shots!

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

beware the warlock margaritas!!!
      heh heh alriiiight

Comment

Originally posted by matt
        beware the warlock margaritas!!!
        Of course Matt, you're just speaking from what you've heard.... right????

Wayne
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Glenc,

As the symptoms that Wayne describes begin to manifest themselves don't expect those close to you to understand.

Your wife, girlfriend, or significant other will never understand what a Dago Red is and why you keep talking about it.

They will fail to comprehend your sudden concern for endangered species, especially the Rare Bear.

You'll hear Merlins and Pratt & Whitneys in your sleep.

Next September when the urge to head north/south/east/west to Reno hits you are willing to sacrifice all else to make it there. Family and job all become unimportant as race week starts.

After race week you go through a slow withdrawal and keep reliving your days at Stead by going over the pictures again and again and again and again and again...

Not that I would know anything about the subject.

Comment

ofcourse wayne, i'd never do something like that, are you crazy?

rpzo, you described to a t my attitude at race week, hehe
            heh heh alriiiight

Comment

yes you did! lol i cant shut up about the races so my wife knows what a dego red is and what a Rare bear is.and about looking at photos over and over thats me till sept rolls around again the fellow addicts can do what i did to take away the "its not sept blues" Get the kids and grand kids intersted in air racing..its kinda like on the street.....Hey kids First year is free....(it worked my grand kids allready know rare bear and dego red and miss americe from sight) they are only 2 and 3
              Attached Files
              www.renosection3.com

Comment

Originally posted by matt
                ofcourse wayne, i'd never do something like that, are you crazy?
                LOL Matt, I knew you were a good "kid"...

Originally posted by Section3guy
                i cant shut up about the races so my wife knows what a dego red is and what a Rare bear is.
                LoL... my "ex" used to say that I was pretty one level in that, no matter what the conversation, it almost always wound up gravitating to air racing... you know..

"hey, nice lawn Wayne, how do you keep it so green"

"hard work and lots of fertilizer, just like the hard work the teams at Reno put in".. you know what I mean.. somehow, it always just seemed to work in that way.

I am truly trying to be more "multi level" in my interests now..

(cha... right)

Wayne
                Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

So take your wives and get them hooked - I am more pylon psycho than the boss now!
                  Rachel
                  ps if they don't like it - time for a new wife

Comment

Originally posted by dineega
                    So take your wives and get them hooked - I am more pylon psycho than the boss now!
                    Rachel
                    ps if they don't like it - time for a new wife
                    LOL Rachel, you are, indeed, pretty darn hard core! BeerNazi and I have a really good understanding. She digs the action and people (especially the people) involved with being at the races but, she's really only good for a day or two of it before she asks really nice... "would you get mad if I stayed at the hotel today and just laid around by the pool??"

I have zero problem with that! She's really cool about it, when I go down early for Reno or PRS, she's usually working and can't leave when I do, so she books a flight and flies down to spend the weekend with me, at her expense, and then either flies or drives back with me or back on her own if I'm not coming right back to PDX...

I don't think I could ask for much more.. besides, if the GF gets too excited about the races, you wind up fighting for the best place to see from

We all really gotta plan some sort of get-together at Reno next or PRS for the community that inhabits this board! I don't know about everyone else but I sort of feel like I know all of you pretty well and it's become pretty darn close to family here.. !!

Hey... let's see some more shots of "Critical Moose" one of these days ey!! How long before paint? Can't wait for that!!!!!

Wayne
                    Wayne Sagar
                    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by dineega
                      So take your wives and get them hooked
                      Otherwise, you've got to buy a tri-pod...

Comment

Originally posted by Apteryx
                        Otherwise, you've got to buy a tri-pod...
                        And a bigger camera bag, preferably with wheels, HAH!
                        ME PLEASE!
                        Bill
                        Never mind. Maybe next year

Comment

Working...
                        X