John Penney...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Penney...

Just heard that John Penney is going to be on WindTunnel on Speed TV this coming Thursday, Oct. 7.

Motorsports coverage includes news, highlights, rankings and more spanning NASCAR, Formula 1, NHRA, ARCA, MotoGP, IndyCar and more auto racing circuits.

Have a great day!!!!!

Lonnie

Re: John Penney...

Awesome Thanks for the heads up
    http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
    http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

This is just going to be cool stuff, for the sport and for Rarebear!!!!!!

I think I have to upgrade to the next level of digital cable to get Speed channel... has ticked me off forever the way Comcast divides up the packages... I've got as far as Discovery Wings but they omit Speed unless you buy one more level up... Geez... 50 bucks for cable Internet, and whatever I'm paying for my TV, even without any movie channels and I'm already well over 100 bucks a month to them!

I will make the upgrade for this though... I can't miss it!

I don't remember who it was who got this started over on the Speed chanel forum but whomever it was, we all owe them a THANKS!!!!!!!

John Penney is one of the more intersting guys you'll ever talk with.. I wish they would let him bring Lyle with him!

Wonder how much time they will allow this interview??

Just in case, somebody... PLEASE tape this interview!

Wayne
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Better yet, can someone capture it digitally? Anyone with cable internet and a video capture card out there?

Comment

Re: John Penney and Rare Bear on TV

This is cool. Wish Reno could get some LIVE TV coverage.
          I heard they used to have races in Texas? A friend produced some pictures from years ago and there was Mike Browns Big Bossman. I reckon that's another post.
          God Bless each and every one of ya, especially that Wayne guy, he's an upstanding citizen
          Git-R-Done

Comment

We have the same problems with Charter here in Reno. They tease you with a channel or two that you might like, but then the really good channel that you want is the next package up. Sounds like we are reversed here, I've got Speed TV, but not Wings. It is with sadness that I report that I have no way to digitially record the show.

Wasn't there a movie in works 'Unlimited'?

Lonnie

Comment

Originally posted by MMPerk
              Wasn't there a movie in works 'Unlimited'?
              Lonnie, that'd be David deVos's movie that he was unable to find funding for.. (check on his current stuff at (blueyonderpictures.com

Mitch Carley also has a script that ROCKS that he's working on and has shown to some "players" it's all about getting enough dollars to get started and to make it successful, getting a big star interested..

Wayne
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

As far as the cable stuff goes, I went satellite. DirecTV has a sports option that carries both Speedchannel and Discovery Wings. You can go through Radio Shack and get DirecTV straight through without going through a local vender, at least you can here. I got my system through "The Good Guys" (in fact, the same one that went through the hostage thing a couple years back) but I've seen the same package offered through the local Radio Shack. DirecTV also has an option where you can pick which channels you want from all they offer over basic. It might be a little more expensive than just one package, but it should also be cheaper than buying two packages with channels you have no interest in seeing. You really can see the difference in the digital signal compaired to regular cable. With HDTV coming out and getting cheaper by the minute, the digital signal is well worth any hassles you might get from switching services. Now, only if the Playboy channel was included in the sports package.........................

Race 29
                P.S. I'll be disapointed if I don't hear at least one of us calling in to WindTunnel and giving a shout out to the rest of us at aafo!! Or at least "get well soon" wishes to Wayne!!! The gauntlet has been thrown!!
                Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

Originally posted by Race 29
                  P.S. I'll be disapointed if I don't hear at least one of us calling in to WindTunnel and giving a shout out to the rest of us at aafo!! Or at least "get well soon" wishes to Wayne!!! The gauntlet has been thrown!!
                  Two Niner... I'd be REALLY happy if someone just asked him about Vegas! I'm serious when I say, the more of us who show up at Aviation Nation, stay in the Boyd properties (they really do count their beans!) we SHOW them rather than someone TELLING them that there is a market for air racing down there...

So, that's my "challenge" I'm hoping to talk with John prior to the show to see if I can get him to throw a plug in there for Vegas... No, I won't complain a trifle if ewe guys throw a plug in for affffhooe either!!

What to heck.... more visits helps us too!

Thanks for the thoughts and I AM getting better just clicking off days on the calendar... it just takes time and lots of it to get over the damn treatment and the damage that it wreaks in doing its good work.

And man, if you see someone smoking, God, let them know what they are asking for! I actually see people at the clinic wheel their IV cart outside to have a puff or two... HELLO!!!!

Anyway.. thanks again!! Can't wait for the show, gonna stick with cable, gotta get my net access via them for now, got trees right in the way for dish as well...

Wayner
                  Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by Race 29
                    So, is this going to be like a Howard Stern thing, then?

Caller: "So, John, I just had a question about The Bear. There have been a lot of rumors about maybe changing the Bearcat wing because....because......AAFO ROCKS! YEAH!!! WAYNE SAGAR KICKS ASS!! WHOOOO HOOOOOO..." [click]

Comment

Randy, you KILL me!!!!!! LMAO!

GO

Comment

This kind of makes me wonder how many that watch WindTunnel know who John is. For those of us that do know, this could be a great time to praise the team, and ask a question or two. And to let people know that Air Racing does still exist.

This is a great chance for the sport, the sponsores, and everyone else for that matter.

This is the first I've heard of WindTunnel having somebody as a guest that doesn't drive fast on the ground.

Lonnie

Comment

LoL Great idea but i think aafo whould take some heat for sure
                          www.renosection3.com

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Haskin
                            So, is this going to be like a Howard Stern thing, then?

Caller: "So, John, I just had a question about The Bear. There have been a lot of rumors about maybe changing the Bearcat wing because....because......AAFO ROCKS! YEAH!!! WAYNE SAGAR KICKS ASS!! WHOOOO HOOOOOO..." [click]
                            Please... don't! I kicked the idea out that it would not hurt to see if John would mention Nellis and then I guess I said it wouldn't hurt if this site got a plug... Obviously a big mistake on my part!

Let's make sure if any of us from here call in (I don't know the format... Is John in the studio or on the phone?) that we keep it focused on John, the rarebear and the CREW and maybe fan sponsorship program that so many worked so hard to impliment and was responsible for getting the bear in the air again!

Wayne
                            Wayne Sagar
                            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Haskin
                              I think most advantage of a new profile would gain YAK-3 lineage..then again...if you gain one thing ( topspeed ) will you loose another ( landing speeds / stall ).

Aafo rocks and Wayne does kick ass.

rgds,

Juke
                              http://max3fan.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X