Prop Bluurrrrrrrrrrrrr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prop Bluurrrrrrrrrrrrr

To answer to Rick's call for a new theme.
    Ok I know it's still Props but these are blurrrrrryyyyyyy.
    Post ur own lets see how slow we can go
    http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
    http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Re: Prop Bluurrrrrrrrrrrrr

Aw, come on Victor you can do better than that. The slowest shot you posted is only 1/25th. Just kidding of course. The photo I posted of PM's runup in Rick's thread was 1/15th, but it is not as sharp as your stuff. I think I got a little full of myself when I tried to shoot that slow. I guess I'm not a human tripod.

Opps, I posted that PM shot in my "First of many thread".

Comment

Originally posted by Marauder61
      To answer to Rick's call for a new theme.
      Ok I know it's still Props but these are blurrrrrryyyyyyy.
      Post ur own lets see how slow we can go
      And another good idea!!! (the prop blur theme)

How bout havin to list camera settings, tripod/no tripod, VR/IS, etc info?? That would be REALLY interesting!

Wayne
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

How bout havin to list camera settings, tripod/no tripod, VR/IS, etc info?? That would be REALLY interesting!

Wayne[/QUOTE]

Download this program and you can view all of Victor's info. Just right click on the image. One of the options will be "View EXIF", click on this and up pops the info on Victor's settings. Not all images have EXIF data imbedded. It all depends on how you save the image, after processing it for the web. Also after installing the program you need to close IE, and reopen it before the "View EXIF" option will show up. It really is a cool little program.

Comment

[QUOTE=T. Adams]Aw, come on Victor you can do better than that. The slowest shot you posted is only 1/25th. Just kidding of course. The photo I posted of PM's runup in Rick's thread was 1/15th, but it is not as sharp as your stuff. QUOTE]

I know I just wasn't pushing the edge of the envelope far enough!

so check this one out. Hand held no pod and going deff in the process

Comment

Nice, I wish I could have seen it. I guess it is kind of like seeing the fuel cars run at night.

1.25 seconds, that's damn impressive.

Comment

The title of "Blurmaster" goes to Victor

Here are a few that haven't appeared in other threads. All where shot in the 1/30th - 1/45th of a second range, no tripod, (unless you count the crowd barrier as one), and IS was on.

Wayne: did you know that you can't upload the same image into two different threads? Just found that out when I tried to upload a couple of images that were in the props & spinners thread.

Rick
              Attached Files

Comment

Ok.... I'm gonna cheat... I put one or two of these up in another thread a while ago, raving about the 24-120 VR Nikor lens that I went further into hock for just prior to PRS.. anyway.. conditions are quite less than optimal and other than they were runnin the pee pee out of the engine to watch the stacks, so I had a lot of RPM goin on.... anyway.. shutter speed on first image is..

1.)1/8th hand held, VR on....

2.)1/10th hand held VR on....

3.)1/25th hand held VR on....

All in all for me it's part being a fairly good gun shooter, sometimes steady hands... not drinking too much the night before..

Annnd... having an amazing lens! VR's supposed to let you go a couple stops down?? Maybe three.. to me, being able to hand hold with prop wash at 1/8th is just amazing... I give the hardware about 90% of the credit though. Luck a bunch (because there are quite a few in the sequnce that are quite blurry...

Anyway.. I wanted to play, this wasn't "Reno 2004" it was Reno though and it was 2004...

Howd I do guys????????????

Ok, I'll go back to being bald, uncomfortable and wanting a PIZZA so bad I'd sell my arm just about to have one!! (have not had a bite of food via mouth since the beginning of Aug!!!!)

Thanks for lettin me play...

Oh yea... Rick, yea, it's a protection thing so that the database doesn't get filled with dupe images... you can reupload them with different name, I'm not sure if I could find out how to just call the thumbnail up and call it that way.. prolly could but it'd be a pain.. You're the first to really mention it, though I've run up against it before and it ticked me off.. I do have to try to be *somewhat* careful about the disk space (can't remember total size) I'd like us to be able to carry on for a couple more years with just the one drive.. The case is one of those little thin things, you can cram in two drives but I'm afraid of the heat and, they charge a monthly upgrade fee for extra drives and memory and such.. so NNNEEEWay.... I'm not sure I can change it if I wanted too... Long answer ey!

Wayne
                Attached Files
                Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Wayne,

Thanks for lettin me play...
                  It's your sandbox, you can play anytime you wanna.

No biggie on the duplicate files, that's about what I thought it wise. BTW do you know what make & model of server your running? I may be able to help with the disk issue. Most of the pizza box servers can hold 2 to 4 disks and heat shouldn't be a problem as long as they are in an air conditioned environment.

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rpzo
                    Wayne,

It's your sandbox, you can play anytime you wanna.

No biggie on the duplicate files, that's about what I thought it wise. BTW do you know what make & model of server your running? I may be able to help with the disk issue. Most of the pizza box servers can hold 2 to 4 disks and heat shouldn't be a problem as long as they are in an air conditioned environment.

Rick
                    Rick, it really is "your" server.. would not be much fun here by myself so... don't argue da more ways we can do stuff, the more fun it can be so...

It's a Compaq DL 320 but I don't have physical access to it.. It's a dollar issue too, I can afford another HD but, I'd like to use discipline and use that money for a memory upgrade to max it to gig and a half.. (machine will actually take two but the way they have them originally configged, they say max is 1.5. It's cause they don't want to just lose the .5 gig chip that the box comes with, and it's only good in the DL-320's.. so they limit you to either another .5 or a gig chip in the available slot... no further option..

For now, we don't need either.. load runs nice and low, and even when we've got a lot of connections on board, she seems to run pretty well.. quicker response than most places I visit so I'm happy for now.. Believe it or not, the biggest problem right now is constant mail relay attempts and constant random bad address SPAM and viri mail.. All of which go into a queue, get analyzed by "Mailscanner" it deletes the virus and spam messages and that takes some load on the server.. if too many come in at once, it can choke SMTP, well actually Mailscanner chokes and shuts down SMTP server... then SIM has to restart it and does it without Mailscanner and I have to go in and manually delete a lot of crap and resart it correctly..

A PITA but, clients here who use the email service, don't get much spam or virus crap so it's pretty good...

Tanks for the offer though, well see how it goes, mebbie suggestions when/if the time does come to do *something* new... I need to update the CP software asap, or not... but it's not good to get too far behind...

Getting into the time of year when I do the "tuneups" tho so we probably will and then we'll run the same proggy on MarkK's box and return some of the favors he does for me...

But I'm wearing myself out thinkin about it... gonna go get some sleep!

Wayne
                    Wayne Sagar
                    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by T. Adams

Download this program and you can view all of Victor's info. Just right click on the image. One of the options will be "View EXIF", click on this and up pops the info on Victor's settings. Not all images have EXIF data imbedded. It all depends on how you save the image, after processing it for the web. Also after installing the program you need to close IE, and reopen it before the "View EXIF" option will show up. It really is a cool little program.
                      Tim, I'm not sure what's wrong, but I have no joy when I 'right click on an image' within IE 6.0; there's no 'View EXIF' menu option in the popup. I installed and got ExifReader running without any problem, but the only way I can view Exif data is to save the file to my hard drive and open it in ExifReader. Must be doing something wrong, but what? Any ideas?

BTW, great thread here, some great shots: you guys with your big IS and VR lenses are making me very jealous.
                      SteveZ

Comment

Originally posted by Kilo Hotel
                        you guys with your big IS and VR lenses are making me very jealous.
                        LOL... Kilo Hotel, it's all relative.. I'm jealous of you guys who make the decision to invest in flying lessons and then aircraft, rather than multiple thousands of dollars of electronic goodies that we only get to use a few times a year...

Darn budgets! I've always been able to do either or, never both... grrr!

Wayne
                        Wayne Sagar
                        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

It's a Compaq DL 320 ...
                          A Compaq Proliant Server, I have more than half my time in that type! (I might be referencing the wrong board and\or website with that response but I'm sure someone out there knows that I was referring to Skip's first Mustang flight.)

I thought that I might have been able to help you out with a disk but that particular model has the internal drives and all I have lying around here are the hot-swap versions for Compaqs.

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rpzo
                            The title of "Blurmaster" goes to Victor
                            Actually that would be: Mr. Prop Circle.

Comment

Working...
                            X