Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nellis Air Show TV Ad - Jeff Lee Does It Again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nellis Air Show TV Ad - Jeff Lee Does It Again!

Well, looks like we're at the .. "next Air Racing time is Nells" time again... Jeff Lee has just produced the TV spot (ad) for the show this year and it's just KILLER!!!

Visit NELLISAIRSHOW.COM and click on the link for the video to see it, it's about 2.7 megs, not too bad of a download...

Also, watch the site for schedules, who's gonna be there and that sort of info, which all should start to really gel now that we're "Post Reno" ...

enjoy!

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Nellis Air Show TV Ad - Jeff Lee Does It Again!

I'm all for seeing more sponsors and more races!

I just hope the rumors of the annual Reno Race being moved to Las Vegas is nothing more than rumors...

If enough sponsors can inject the bucks needed to create a series of races, I think we all would applaud it. But, I personally don't think the majority of fans would like seeing Reno loose the traditional annual event.
    Sorry if this subject strikes a nerve with anyone.

Gary

Comment

I'm Wayne Sagar and I approve this message

Originally posted by Gary Osif
      I just hope the rumors of the annual Reno Race being moved to Las Vegas is nothing more than rumors...
      www.propsracing.com
      Gary, I am reasonably "close" to both the Vegas faction ( I work as a contractor for World of Wings ) and the Reno faction.. ( I've talked about this subject with different members of RARA and received the same response each time.. i.e. <whaaa??>)

I don't think the races will "move" to Vegas. HOPEFULLY, there will be *ANOTHER* annual event, held at Vegas... complimenting the National Championship Air Races at Reno.

This, in my opinion, is what is most likely to happen... *IF* we're lucky enough to get the Vegas event... annnnd, Reno can remain viable as a venue... Trust me, those guys don't have a pick-a-nick keeping the races going each year. It's actually an amazement to me that they have done it so well for all these years...

Wayne
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
        HOPEFULLY, there will be *ANOTHER* annual event, held at Vegas... complimenting the National Championship Air Races at Reno.
        Vegas Air Races: "Reno, you sure are a handsome and intelligent Air Race."

Reno Air Races: "Stop trying to flatter me, sycophant."

Are you sure you don't mean "complement"? Sorry, couldn't resist, Wayne!

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Haskin
          Vegas Air Races: "Reno, you sure are a handsome and intelligent Air Race."

Reno Air Races: "Stop trying to flatter me, sycophant."

Are you sure you don't mean "complement"? Sorry, couldn't resist, Wayne!
          LOL.... 10,000 out of work comedians and we gotta get a fighter jock tryin to be funny ...

LOL... I couldn't resist either... it *is* funny and you are warpt!

Hey, did you guys say hey to yer dad for me down in Reno??

Wayne
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Question about LAS-where would the race be held? Henderson Executive Airport is surrounded on 3 sides with houses, although there is an area sw of the airport where the race may be able to be held, but what about a mayday 3 miles from the airport-especially in a biplane. And where would the fans be located?
            Or maybe there is another airport I'm not familiar with?

Ron Henning
            Ron Henning

Comment

Originally posted by Ron101502
              Question about LAS-where would the race be held? Henderson Executive Airport is surrounded on 3 sides with houses, although there is an area sw of the airport where the race may be able to be held, but what about a mayday 3 miles from the airport-especially in a biplane. And where would the fans be located?
              Or maybe there is another airport I'm not familiar with?

Ron Henning
              Ron, that's sort of the 64 thousand dollar question and one that has sparked much speculation (some of it pretty wild) and debate...

I'm not far enough on the "inside" to know all details but... AFAIK, it's always centered around a new airport proposed for Mesquite, Nevada... about one hour from downtown Vegas proper, slightly south of Mesquite (by about 10-12 miles).. I've been to the proposed site and it's a doozy...

Whether or not the $$ will happen quickly enough to make it happen remains to be seen. Trust me that there are some guys working REALLY hard on making it happen...

But this is Vegas we're talking about. *IF* enough interest was there by the right parties, they'd make a race site in any number of locations that are closer, but currently pretty unaccessable... There's a lot of open land down there, flying over it you can see several potential places where it *could* be done..

But that's what I know and that is public knowledge, along with a bit of spculation, just for good measure.

Wayne
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

One of the articles I read stated Jean, NV. was being considered.

Gary

Comment

Gary
                  I think you would be pretty safe to consider that one rumor and kind of a "not a chance"...

I seriously doubt there will ever be Air Racing in Jean, Nevada...

Wayne
                  Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

If you'd ever seen the Jean airport it would be evident that this is not even close to a possibility. WAAAAAAAAAYYYY too small.

Comment

well, i know i said it before but i'll say it again, i don't like the vegas races because i can't go to see them!
                      heh heh alriiiight

Comment

Wayne,

I know the discussion has shifted a little, but I had to write in and thank you for the kind words about the TV commercial. As you know this is not only what I do for a living, but it's also a labor of love. I get to mix television with aviation. How can you go wrong!!!!

Just as in racing, it takes more than one person to pull this off. I have to thank my good friend Gordon Bowman Jones for his fantastic work with the sound track. And BIG KUDOS go out to Joe Jones, our graphic artist. Joe has produced all off the print materials for Aviation Nation, and he sent me the elements for the end of the commercial. He even went above and beyond by doing the 3D animation of the B-17 "Lady Las Vegas" for the final scene. Thanks Joe, you're the best!

We're just 42 days away from the first event of Aviation Nation, and it will be here before we know it. I hope to see everyone out there for a great show, and some really fun air racing!

Thanks,

Jeff Lee
                        World of Wings

Comment

Let's see............it's 6 1/2hrs. drive from Reno. I better start saving up now!

Actually, I'd like to be there 2 weeks earlier for the NHRA races!

Gary

Comment

Thanks, Wayne. I just can't believe that building a 7000 foot runway near LAS with all the utilities, access roads, environmental studies, airspace studies, etc.etc.etc. can ever happen in a cost effective manner, but if it does, how many unlimited teams can afford 2 races a year?

Hope I'm pleasantley surprised!

Ron Henning
                            Ron Henning

Comment

Originally posted by Ron101502
                              Thanks, Wayne. I just can't believe that building a 7000 foot runway near LAS with all the utilities, access roads, environmental studies, airspace studies, etc.etc.etc. can ever happen in a cost effective manner, but if it does, how many unlimited teams can afford 2 races a year?

Hope I'm pleasantley surprised!

Ron Henning
                              Ron, I think quite a few could afford two races a year... the current "plan" (Mesquite) involves an actual new airport for a rapidly growing community with federal funding etc...

As far as the "dream" of just starting from scratch near LAS, yea HUGE dollars would have to be invested, which I think, at least, I tried to make the point, it would be highly unlikely anyone would spend.... But.. if someone had that kind of bucks to throw at it and wanted to, they probably could get it done...

Don't get me wrong, I know no more than anyone, I'm HOPING against hope that it can actually happen because it would not only be great fun, it'd be good for the sport.. And for the city of Las Vegas!

Wayne
                              Wayne Sagar
                              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                              X