Rare Bear Update - Good Stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rare Bear Update - Good Stuff

Sharon Coates has provided the "inside" story from Reno 2004 on the outstanding effort by the now current championship team, Rare Bear Air Racing!

It's available at RAREBEAR.COM

My apololgy for lack of images... err.. I had a little problem this year with the length of my lenses... and with the text layout of the update... I normally have then energy to convert Sharon's email updates with correct line breaks and such but I just don't have much steam in the boiler quite yet to get that deep into it...

Anyway... a GREAT read, Sharon and the crew worked their butts off this year and I know she REALLY worked her butt off getting this update out before taking a little break..

Second apology for delay in getting updated.. standard excuse for me this time round...

Enjoy!

Wayne

PS: Bill Pearce... pleeeeze contact me via phone asap...
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Rare Bear Update - Good Stuff

Wow, that was an interesting read. I got tired just reading about all the problems they had to overcome to race this year.

Things should be real interesting next year.

Comment

I could have sworn I was reading about a C-5

Comment

VERY inspirational!! I got a lump in my throat and some extra moisture around the eyes from Sharons' report!

Seems all race teams, be it cars, planes or even R/C models(ask me about my hydro sometime)go through the trials of hard work, sleepless nights, low budgets, and for what??? A chance at a great race with your competition and possibly even a win.

And, we have heard of the motor problems and bad landing Dago has endured leading up to the races, also. They've had to pull together to make it to the show and should be eager to come back and re-write the finishing order! Not to worry, guys! Even John Force red-lights occasionally!

Lots of drama behind the scenes in racing! It certainly shows the desire of the teams when called upon to perform the seemingly impossible.

All of us will be back in '05 for the next chapter!

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Osif
          Even John Force red-lights occasionally!
          Ya I was at the autolite nats for that as well, It just wasn't my race year!
          ECVSteve
          E Clampus Vitus SST #1827, #1850
          Reno Fan since around "82"

Comment

Originally posted by T. Adams
            Wow, that was an interesting read. I got tired just reading about all the problems they had to overcome to race this year.

Things should be real interesting next year.
            I stuck with the guys last year on the first pair of cylinder changes, trust me, this is a no BS, "JOB #1" outfit! It was easy to see how tired they were, yet they all kept on chugging along (my thick as soup coffee didn't hurt )

Then they had more sessions (also last year) truly, I think this was like the fire that tempers the steel and makes it stronger. Through the efforts last year, it would appear that good management practices were devised and they used their available manpower well.. nobody slept much but *somebody* was smart enough to realize that nobody is worth much if they get *too* tired and some sleep was realized by the crew in "shifts"... least this is what I've heard.. unfortunately, I was unable to waste the space in the hangar that I usually take up "hanging around" most of the time while there at Reno..

I know all these guys pretty well and I can't tell you how darn PROUD OF THEM THAT I AM!

To the crew: I really did miss you guys (and girls) this year!!!!!! You will never know how much it meant to me to hear (while it happened) that you achieved second, after all the trouble all week and then a few minutes later, that the beloved BEAR had taken FIRST PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for accepting me into the fold for the couple of years I've been able to be a part of the effort.. I sincerely hope to rejoin you in June and then again in September '05!

And unless hell really does freeze over, I'll see you in Vegas in November!!

Wayne
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
            X