oops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oops

well, i was gonna post some images after figuring out how to downsize them, too bad they're the wrong file type, oops
    heh heh alriiiight

Re: oops

Originally posted by matt
    well, i was gonna post some images after figuring out how to downsize them, too bad they're the wrong file type, oops
    Matt, what file type are they? JPG is the common format for photos. GIF only allows a max of 250 colors and so, don't look very good, also are large files!! Most others are just too big... (TIF, BMP, ETC)..

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

they're bitmaps, ergh
      heh heh alriiiight

Comment

If you right click on a bmp, does it give you the choice to 'Edit'? If so, try that and it will open in MSPaint automatically.

Then, you select 'File/Save As' to change the file type. See the two 'bars' on the bottom where it shows the title and file type? Click on the arrow on the bottom bar where it shows file type and see if it gives the choice to change it to a JPEG.

You can also open up MSPaint(All Programs)and click on File and browse for the folder/location of the BMPs. Then do the 'Save As' described above.

I hope you are on WinXP as it's a bit easier.

Hope this helps! I would be glad to walk you through it, if you like. Send me a private msg and I'll get my phone # to you. I live in Dayton, just down the canyon from Virginia City.

Gary

Comment

thanks gary that did help man, i never would've thought of that. i got a bunch of friends up in vc, ever go to the "virginia city jerky co."?

most of these were taken around the warlock pit (CONGRATS AL!!!)
          Attached Files
          heh heh alriiiight

Comment

GREAT! Real glad to help!

Never been to the VC Jerky Co, will look it up for sure.

I have been up there a few times playing music at the Washoe Club lately. Been trying to get back into drumming after a long hiatus. Presently with a Country band(Exit 22)and seeking a good lead guitarist, if ya know of any.

Gary
            Attached Files

Comment

i highly reccomend the place, good food and on the weekends they have a live black panther you can have your picture taken with and even pet, pretty cool.

sorry man, don't know any country guitarists here in nevada, i'm a metal bassist, so i doubt i could help. i like the drum kit, looks nice.
              heh heh alriiiight

Comment

I hadn't heard of the panther in VC! I'll surely need to look into that.

I play mostly hard/classic rock and some country, if you know of anyone needing a drummer. Not into a lot of metal, but some of the older stuff is cool. Guess I'm showing my age a bit!

Thanks for the compliment on the tubs. I've added another cymbal since that pic was snapped.

Gary

Comment

ya, a picture with her costs a couple bucks but it's for a good cause.

lol, should've heard me at the warlock party, i started playing some tool, didn't last though.

cool, i'm not a big drum guy, what brand are those?
                  heh heh alriiiight

Comment

Yeah, I'm thinkin' Tool didn't go over too well! LOL!

Those are Premier drums w/Sabian cymbals.

Got the drums at Maytan in Reno and the cymbals were ordered online from www.musiciansfriend.com

Gary

Comment

cool, my friend plays pearl drums and uses a myriad of cymbals but likes paistes the best. i don't like maytan too much, bizzare guitar is nice, haven't got much in the way of drums from what i've seen but they're bass and guitar selection is sweet.

actually i got a lot of compliments for it (amazing how many people there actually knew who tool is) , but the guys were on break and didn't want to make it seem like a one guy show, which is cool. lots of fun though.

thanks again fred for letting me play your bass!
                      heh heh alriiiight

Comment

Geez you guys are bringing back memories.. Taking up space in my "office" is my old Fender Dual Showman with a pair of the Bass JBL's in it.. sittin in my closet under lock and key is my old pre CBS Fender Jazz bass that I wore the finish off the back of the neck and ground the crap out of the finish on the back of the body with my belt buckle....

A long long time ago, in a place far far away.... actually.. funny, a lot of it was right there in Reno. Not sure the places we used to play are even standing anymore.. (would have been bout '66 thru '69-'70 or so... )

I have not played in so many years that it hurts to think how BAD I would suck but, every year at the Warlock party.................. gotta admit, the thought does cross my mind.

Wayne
                        Wayne Sagar
                        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

the thoughts been crossing my mind the past two years myself, maybe next year.

and by the way wayne, i'm always looking for "new" basses
                          heh heh alriiiight

Comment

Originally posted by matt
                            by the way wayne, i'm always looking for "new" basses
                            Matt, there's not enough money in the world to part me from that thing! My dad helped me get it waaaay back and he was DIRT poor, but wanted me to be able to play... Got it used for just the price of new, without case so it was like $80. bucks off new price, it was only about a year old or less, something like $360. or so.... being pre CBS Fender, I'm told it's worth somewhere around 4 grand but.. I'll never let it go man.. never... I may never play it again but no one else will either.. It's too much a part of me... know what I mean????

Wayne
                            Wayne Sagar
                            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

lol, ya i know what you mean. my main aim is to get my hands on a warwick infinity, they start at about $1,500 yikes!
                              heh heh alriiiight

Comment

Working...
                              X