PDA

View Full Version : oops

matt
09-28-2004, 08:27 PM
well, i was gonna post some images after figuring out how to downsize them, too bad they're the wrong file type, oops

AAFO_WSagar
09-29-2004, 08:51 AM
well, i was gonna post some images after figuring out how to downsize them, too bad they're the wrong file type, oopsMatt, what file type are they? JPG is the common format for photos. GIF only allows a max of 250 colors and so, don't look very good, also are large files!! Most others are just too big... (TIF, BMP, ETC)..

Wayne

matt
09-29-2004, 06:25 PM
they're bitmaps, ergh

Gary Osif
09-29-2004, 07:12 PM
If you right click on a bmp, does it give you the choice to 'Edit'? If so, try that and it will open in MSPaint automatically.

Then, you select 'File/Save As' to change the file type. See the two 'bars' on the bottom where it shows the title and file type? Click on the arrow on the bottom bar where it shows file type and see if it gives the choice to change it to a JPEG.

You can also open up MSPaint(All Programs)and click on File and browse for the folder/location of the BMPs. Then do the 'Save As' described above.

I hope you are on WinXP as it's a bit easier.

Hope this helps! I would be glad to walk you through it, if you like. Send me a private msg and I'll get my phone # to you. I live in Dayton, just down the canyon from Virginia City.

Gary
www.propsracing.com

matt
09-29-2004, 11:05 PM
thanks gary that did help man, i never would've thought of that. i got a bunch of friends up in vc, ever go to the "virginia city jerky co."?

most of these were taken around the warlock pit (CONGRATS AL!!!)

Gary Osif
09-30-2004, 07:24 AM
GREAT! Real glad to help! :thumbsup:

Never been to the VC Jerky Co, will look it up for sure.

I have been up there a few times playing music at the Washoe Club lately. Been trying to get back into drumming after a long hiatus. Presently with a Country band(Exit 22)and seeking a good lead guitarist, if ya know of any. :1zhelp:

Gary
www.propsracing.com

matt
09-30-2004, 11:22 AM
i highly reccomend the place, good food and on the weekends they have a live black panther you can have your picture taken with and even pet, pretty cool.

sorry man, don't know any country guitarists here in nevada, i'm a metal bassist, so i doubt i could help. i like the drum kit, looks nice.

Gary Osif
09-30-2004, 12:50 PM
I hadn't heard of the panther in VC! I'll surely need to look into that.

I play mostly hard/classic rock and some country, if you know of anyone needing a drummer. Not into a lot of metal, but some of the older stuff is cool. Guess I'm showing my age a bit!

Thanks for the compliment on the tubs. I've added another cymbal since that pic was snapped.

Gary

matt
09-30-2004, 05:10 PM
ya, a picture with her costs a couple bucks but it's for a good cause.

lol, should've heard me at the warlock party, i started playing some tool, didn't last though.

cool, i'm not a big drum guy, what brand are those?

Gary Osif
09-30-2004, 10:21 PM
Yeah, I'm thinkin' Tool didn't go over too well! LOL!

Those are Premier drums w/Sabian cymbals.

Got the drums at Maytan in Reno and the cymbals were ordered online from www.musiciansfriend.com

Gary

matt
09-30-2004, 11:15 PM
cool, my friend plays pearl drums and uses a myriad of cymbals but likes paistes the best. i don't like maytan too much, bizzare guitar is nice, haven't got much in the way of drums from what i've seen but they're bass and guitar selection is sweet.

actually i got a lot of compliments for it (amazing how many people there actually knew who tool is) , but the guys were on break and didn't want to make it seem like a one guy show, which is cool. lots of fun though.

thanks again fred for letting me play your bass!

AAFO_WSagar
09-30-2004, 11:32 PM
Geez you guys are bringing back memories.. Taking up space in my "office" is my old Fender Dual Showman with a pair of the Bass JBL's in it.. sittin in my closet under lock and key is my old pre CBS Fender Jazz bass that I wore the finish off the back of the neck and ground the crap out of the finish on the back of the body with my belt buckle....

A long long time ago, in a place far far away.... actually.. funny, a lot of it was right there in Reno. Not sure the places we used to play are even standing anymore.. (would have been bout '66 thru '69-'70 or so... )

I have not played in so many years that it hurts to think how BAD I would suck but, every year at the Warlock party.................. :eek13: gotta admit, the thought does cross my mind.

Wayne

matt
09-30-2004, 11:56 PM
the thoughts been crossing my mind the past two years myself, maybe next year.

and by the way wayne, i'm always looking for "new" basses

AAFO_WSagar
10-01-2004, 12:04 AM
by the way wayne, i'm always looking for "new" bassesMatt, there's not enough money in the world to part me from that thing! My dad helped me get it waaaay back and he was DIRT poor, but wanted me to be able to play... Got it used for just the price of new, without case so it was like $80. bucks off new price, it was only about a year old or less, something like $360. or so.... being pre CBS Fender, I'm told it's worth somewhere around 4 grand but.. I'll never let it go man.. never... I may never play it again but no one else will either.. It's too much a part of me... know what I mean????

Wayne

matt
10-01-2004, 12:11 AM
lol, ya i know what you mean. my main aim is to get my hands on a warwick infinity, they start at about $1,500 yikes!

Race 29
10-01-2004, 01:47 AM
You guys are killin' me! I can't find any good musicians to hang out with in Sacramento. Well, good musicians, but they've all got problems. You guys are my buds, but live in different states! We need to be devious and take over the Warlock party band, at least for one or two songs! Wayne and Matt and play double bass, ala Spinal tap. Gary on drums, I play guitar, Randy Goss on vocals! (Well, he was drunk, but still, he told me he could sing!) Wayne, you warm up your pre-CBS, and I'll warm up my '57 Black Beauty Les Paul, and we'll show 'em how it's done, old school!

This was quite a few years ago, but I'm the long haired geek on the far right.

Race 29

Gary Osif
10-01-2004, 10:06 AM
Well, I'm not thrilled with Maytan but, they had a SCREAMING deal on those Premier sets. They were sold as 'demo' sets. Maytan supplied the Reno Jazz Festival with a buttload of them and so they were like buying from a scatch & dent sale. They looked like they were only played once or twice and were at a nice discount.

I've played Pearls and Paistes and love them both.

Sounds like there's a lot of talented guys posting here! I wanted to go to the Warlock party this year and beg to sit in........after fully lubricating(read: BRIBE with alcohol!)the crew/band. Maybe next year......Keep me in mind, guys!

Race 29, I bet you were thrilled to meet those guys. I recognize about half of them. It's real tough finding good musicians to play with because if they're REAL good, they are already playing with someone or they got drug and ego problems!

Wayne, you got a classic! Glad to hear you've been getting better, too!

So, if anyone needs to know how to edit and post pix(to continue the thread!)or wants to rock & roll, I'm your man!

Gary

AAFO_WSagar
10-01-2004, 11:07 AM
Well, I'm not thrilled with Maytan butYou talkin "Maytan Music" in Reno? I knew one of the sons of the family, waaaaaay back when I lived down there... is there a Dave Maytan still withthe store? He'd be mid 50's or maybe a *bit* older...

Wow.... you guys are really starting to dredge up memories! I forget pretty much that I spent the time from 1st grade to 17 years old living there in Reno and Sparks...

Wayne

Gary Osif
10-01-2004, 12:21 PM
I don't recall meeting Dave but, I wouldn't doubt he's still around. Maytan even has a new store in Carson City. They were in an old place closer to town and are now on the North end by Roop & Hot Springs.

Pick up that old axe and get those digits loosened up! :D

Gary

TomL
10-02-2004, 10:20 PM
Race Two Niner, It couldn't have been _THAT_ many years ago. Quite a few years ago would have been with Dave instead of Sammy. I like the other guitar player in the middle, was he in your band ?? :thumbsup: :D
TomL

Race 29
10-03-2004, 02:42 AM
Tom,
Damn, I WISH!! I can't remember exactly what year, but it was the last show of the 5150 tour (late 80's I think). That picture was taken at the Cow Palace in San Francisco, My band was supposed to open up for them on the next tour. Both of our albums were gearing up to be recorded at the time. As history has shown, painfully, I'm still wearing the big "L" on my forehead!! My album never got recorded thanks to greedy lawyers that I stupidly held faith in. BUT, That night I got to play guitar with Eddie Van Halen, Sing and hang out with Sammy Hagar, and give something to the guys in my band, that held their faith in my song writing. We all got to hang out with Van Halen. How many can say that? I know it's stupid, but it's all I've got to hang on too! I'm taking it as......God had a plan for me, and that was to play the Warlock party with my friends in 2005!

Race 29

matt
10-03-2004, 11:41 AM
what have i gotten myself into? lol :rolleyes: :D :p :thumbsup:

Race 29
10-05-2004, 01:27 AM
Matt,
A whole lot of fun, and a hell of a good time!! :thumbsup:

race 29

Old Ramp Rat
10-05-2004, 09:37 AM
Geez you guys are bringing back memories.. Taking up space in my "office" is my old Fender Dual Showman with a pair of the Bass JBL's in it.. sittin in my closet under lock and key is my old pre CBS Fender Jazz bass that I wore the finish off the back of the neck and ground the crap out of the finish on the back of the body with my belt buckle....

A long long time ago, in a place far far away.... actually.. funny, a lot of it was right there in Reno. Not sure the places we used to play are even standing anymore.. (would have been bout '66 thru '69-'70 or so... )

I have not played in so many years that it hurts to think how BAD I would suck but, every year at the Warlock party.................. :eek13: gotta admit, the thought does cross my mind.

Wayne

You got about a year, to PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE....