T-28's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-28's

If my memory serves me correctly, there use to be a T-28 class that races at Reno some years ago. How come they do not race anymore? I know that there are a lot of T-28's out there and I know of one person that would race if that class came back. But I was wondering, if someone wanted to race one now, what class would the be in? Obviously the unlimiteds, but would it be based on speed? I have always liked the T-28 and it would look really good rounding the pylons. Any feedback is apreciated.
    "CHARLIE DON'T SURF!!!"

Re: T-28's

Memory has it that the T-28 class membership boycotted the following year when RARA did not allocate enough prize money for their class. It was a group decission to boycott, and as a result of snubbing RARA, the T-28 class has not been brough back. I enjoyed them since they were loud and round.

Comment

Re: T-28's

The T-28 class was only raced at Reno in 1996. The class was organized by Neil Anderson for the Phoenix Air Races in '95 and '96.

My '95 Phoenix program only lists 10 entries for that class. The '96 Reno program announces the class, but does not list the number of aircraft entered. My guess is that they could not get a full field of entries and that RARA dropped them. I'm sure that there is more to it than that though, the jet class is hardly bulging at the seems.

I know there have been a few T-28's raced in the unlimited class over the years. With a top speed of just over the 300 mph minimum, they don't have a chance.

Kevin

Comment

Working...
      X