Air Racers For Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Racers For Sale

Hummn.... Though we've not seen her round the pylons in a few years, Another one goes on the block..... http://bobhannah.com/wbds/

Sometimes the results of these sales are interesting.

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Air Racers For Sale

Just an observation-the red line on the airspeed indicator looked like around 420 knots on the L-39. Don't know what pressure altitude that was at, but I think the fast movers at Reno (Rare Bear, Dago Red, Strega) go about at least 440 KIAS at that altitude. And I've heard Voodoo has been for sale for years. I guess if yout wanted a clone of Dago Red or Strega, with a Thorn engine, that would be fine, but why spend the money to be AS GOOD as the competition, rather than BETTER? Another pilot I know who has flown the L-39 was less than impressed, but since I've never flown one, take it for what it's worth.

Ron Henning
    Ron Henning

Comment

but why spend the money to be AS GOOD as the competition, rather than BETTER?
      Speed cost money....As the saying goes, "How fast can you afford to pay?"

An L-39 isn't as fast as an unlimited gold racer, but it still beats a stock Mustang, and is most likely cheaper than a P-51 to maintain, I imagine.

Still, there's nothing like the sound of a Merlin in the air....Nothing in this vast world.....I get chills down my spine every time I hear one. (dang! Now I gotta play that FENCELINE video again - heh heh)

Comment

I have a question about Ridge Runner. Anyone know who built the engines for Dan Martin. 446+ in quaifying is amazing for a Mustang that is "stock" looking on the outside.

Thanks,
        Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
          I have a question about Ridge Runner. Anyone know who built the engines for Dan Martin. 446+ in quaifying is amazing for a Mustang that is "stock" looking on the outside.

Thanks,
          Steve
          That would be Mike Barrow
          Mark K....

Comment

All of Ridgerunners engines are built by Air Sparrow (Mike Barrow) in Hollister, he also does The Flying Dutchmans engine Maintenance, Merlin's Magic, as well as many others. I'd like to formally thank Mike and Rose Barrow for their all out effort in getting us ready to fly in Sundays gold race. An overnight engine change is no easy task.

Eric Martin
            Ridgerunner Racing

Comment

Working...
            X