Rare Bear - A Cinderella Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rare Bear - A Cinderella Story

(John Penney's Lovely Wife, Stephanie, had some problems getting this message posted and asked if I'd do it for her)

A Cinderella Story

Someone left an unopened bucket of gremlins in a corner of the Bear hangar, anything that could go wrong seemed to and Murphy appeared to have become a very unwelcome sponsor until Prince Charming, AKA Mel Gregoire, arrived to help turn things around. The crew did some amazing work with little sleep, a lot of focus and desire to race, and the team, each one as important as the other, pulled together and made things happen. The Rare Bear went to the dance and at the end, the slipper fit.

Congratulations to them all and thank you gentlemen with the wrenches in their hands for giving John a machine that made him feel safe to fly in. At the end, the race that began as one of power and speed, became one of strategy...

Congratulations to all of the teams in that they all landed safely and with their engines available to fly next time.

Stephanie Penney
    John's wife
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Rare Bear - A Cinderella Story

Thanks to you and John for all you have done, and thanks for mentioning Mel's name as I have forgotten it when I mentioned him on several other posts about how, without him, the Bear may not have been able to run.

Ron Henning
    Ron Henning

Comment

Stephanie,
      Cheers to you grandma! and give a big kiss to the bald spot of THE man! I wasn't there this year but heard the final race on the cell phone, But since you mention it, lets all raise our glasses to the ladies that stand and wait, the crew wives and kids who all year long put up with the addiction and costs for a smaller return on investment. The phone rings, Dago has a sick engine and bang out the door, gone for two weeks, That is what happened at our house this year, then race week, can you go to Van Nuys and pull the spare blower and ship it up. Bang out the door and gone for the day. The wives pick up the pieces and support their guys. Thanks to all of them.
      John Slack

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
        Stephanie,
        The wives pick up the pieces and support their guys. Thanks to all of them.
        John Slack
        Hear Hear John! Lest we forget, without the wives in their corners, those devoted guys could never pull a single overnighter, let alone, a complete week of tem!

John, they are younger than us, but not by much... 7 nights of 2 hrs sleep or less each night..... I think I'd have lost myself in a can of Red Bull, (make that a case)

Wayne
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
        X