Great Times!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Times!

Just wanted to post that even tho the weather tried to steal the fun, we had a great time! Even got a chance to head out to the fenceline on Friday and met Gary. That is one helluva place to watch a race!!! Congrats to all the winners at Reno. Lots of close races in all the classes. Cant wait till next year!!!

Re: Great Times!

Great Times indeed!!!!!

My Cousin (see above) and I had a blast this year at Reno, despite all the weather we encountered. It was awsome to see the Bear and Dago go at it one more time. And even better to see the Bear win the Gold. It was really special for my cousin and I to see the Bear (a plane we have pulled for since we were just kids at an airshow) win the gold again. The whole Bear team deserves a huge thank you from all the fans for their dedication to keeping that pesky plane in the air the whole weekend.

There was also some great racing going on in other classes as well with Al Goss and Warlock winning in T6 and Greenamyer duking it out with the Thunder Mustang.

Well the countdown is on now until next year. BTW does any body know what the dates for next year are yet?? I am scheduling vacation first thing when I return to work tommorow.

It was good to meet some of the ppl who post on this board like Stevo and Gary who seem to enjoy this wonderful sport as much as my Cousin and I. And now I look forward to meeting more of you next year.....See ya at the Races!!!!!!

Nick

P.S. People have been saying if for two years now "The Bear is Back".....Well I think after the gold win, its time we modified it to "The Bear is back on Top!!!" And lets hope she stays there!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick
      Great Times indeed!!!!!

Well the countdown is on now until next year. BTW does any body know what the dates for next year are yet?? I am scheduling vacation first thing when I return to work tommorow.
      According to the official program, page 114, September 15th throught the 18th.
      Bill
      aka: Air Race Addict
      Never mind. Maybe next year

Comment

yeah 357 days left.....
        www.renosection3.com

Comment

Originally posted by Air Race Addict
          According to the official program, page 114, September 15th throught the 18th.
          Bill
          aka: Air Race Addict
          Bill,

Got it all scheduled now!! Thanks for the info....I must have over looked it in the program.

Section3Guy,

Yes the long year wait is on yet again. My cousin Eric and I were looking for you on the fenceline on Friday, but wasn't sure which one you were..lol. Hope to see ya out there next year!

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by Nick
            My cousin Eric and I were looking for you on the fenceline on Friday, but wasn't sure which one you were..lol. Hope to see ya out there next year!
            Nick
            Sorry about that Nick. The airraceaddict.com banner got "misplaced" temporarily, so we didn't have a way to mark the basecamp on the fence. In the future, you can always look for the "Make No Wake" sign we plant next to the road. It's been a steadfast icon at the Air Race Addict basecamp since 95. We'll be there next year so stop and say hi, watch a race or two.
            Bill, aka: Air Race Addict
            Never mind. Maybe next year

Comment

Originally posted by Air Race Addict
              Sorry about that Nick. The airraceaddict.com banner got "misplaced" temporarily, so we didn't have a way to mark the basecamp on the fence. In the future, you can always look for the "Make No Wake" sign we plant next to the road. It's been a steadfast icon at the Air Race Addict basecamp since 95. We'll be there next year so stop and say hi, watch a race or two.
              Bill, aka: Air Race Addict
              Bill,

We'll have to keep an eye out next year for those signs!!! Where abouts where you on the fence line?? Up more towards the North Pylon 6?? Or more south towards Pylon 7??? My cousin and I will definitely be out there again next year to see ya!!

Nick

Comment

Working...
              X