The first of many

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The first of many

Well I just got home, and I'm starting to sort through the almost 2000!!! pics I took. Here is the first, a little salute to the Gold winning T-6 team.
    Attached Files

Re: The first of many

Here is a few more, the Goss family and crew celebrate, Nemesis on Monday before the accident, PM with the home pylon behind, and Mike Brown getting help buckling up.
    Attached Files

Comment

More stuff, F4 Phantom, and from Sunday's Bronze race. The full prop blur was 1/60, and a total accident. I spun the dial on the camera by accident and thats where it ended.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by T. Adams
        More stuff, F4 Phantom, and from Sunday's Bronze race. The full prop blur was 1/60, and a total accident. I spun the dial on the camera by accident and thats where it ended.
        That's a pretty good looking accident, Tim! I'd settle for some 'accidents' like that next time I go out shooting ground-to-air. Those two Phantom shots are tack sharp and beautifully lighted, BTW. My best congratulations on all your stuff from race week, it's been super.
        SteveZ

Comment

Well here are some more.
          Attached Files

Comment

Tim: These are stunning. Sharp, great color, etc. I could almost reach out and touch Sparky. What's your setup? Do I recall that you're shooting film? If so, what's your scanner setup? My bro & I are still struggling with panning focus. Get a few, come close on a few, lose a lot. Static ground shots are by and large OK. My nephew is doing the best -- must be the video games! Peas
            Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
            World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Yeah....The JellyBelly! For some reason that really caught my eye. I never did make it back down there to get a picture. I'm sorry now. Mainly because of the weather. Thank you for letting me know you got it on here. You have got some fantastic pictures! FYI...this is a cool site!

Terri

Comment

Thanks, Peas. No more film for me. Canon 10D and 3 "L" zooms. The 24-70, 70-200, and the 100-400.

I'm not real thrilled with the airborne shots. I think it just has to do with how far away the planes are flying. At most airshows, the showline is much closer than the flight path around the pylons. I'm much more pleased with the stuff in the air I shot at Oshkosh, when the planes were much closer to me.

Comment

Tim: Have you been out to the Valley of Speed? We watched the Jet Class and Gold Race there on Friday, and it was easy to have too much lens. Dago was cruising over the telephone pole, which put him less than 100' away. Great work! Peas
                  Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG

Comment

I was at the valley on Tuesday, I think. The PM, Argonaught, and the Sparky shots were from the valley.

Comment

Originally posted by Peashooter
                      Tim: Have you been out to the Valley of Speed? We watched the Jet Class and Gold Race there on Friday, and it was easy to have too much lens. Dago was cruising over the telephone pole, which put him less than 100' away. Great work! Peas
                      Ain't that the truth!!! The optimal spot for me with a 300mm (fixed FL with the 1.6x digital boost) on my Canon 10D was about 3 poles up from the one with the transformer on it (in the flats). When Skip comes out I found myself taking many paces back from the road and missed some opportunities. He's consistently in the wires. Scary fast!!!

With everyone else, 300mm at that location was plenty long.

I still have tons of exposures to plow through from the valley. I got some good jet stuff, but wish my Unlimited output was more consistent.

Rob

Comment

Here are some more.
                        Attached Files

Comment

And more.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Had time to process some more stuff. I'm thinking of another theme, but have not gotten to those images yet.

Notice the call sign on the F-18???
                            Attached Files

Comment

Composition, execution -- NICE! Peas
                              Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG

Comment

Working...
                              X