Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rare Bear WINS!!!! Dago cuts pylon...

...dats what a birdie told me!!

Re: Rare Bear WINS!!!! Dago cuts pylon...

"O MY GOD!"

Confirmation please....

So I can start screaming and celebrating!

Don

Comment

So help me if this is a joke I'm gonna KILL someone.......sitting with fingers crossed hoping it's true

Comment

It's true!!!

Check out RARA's site - airrace.org for results!

Comment

NO JOKE......I WAS THERE GREAT RACE....BEAR FINISHED ABOUT 1.5 SECONDS BEHIND BUT DAGO CUT PYLON 4......BEAR IS THE CHAMPION

Comment

Bob said it was an incredible race...neck and neck. Dago crossed the finish line first with the Bear right behind and Fury a ways back. Said that Dago and Bear GAVE IT ALL!!!! Then word came down afterwards that Skip cut a pylon (the crowd in the stands were half gone already so he doesn't even think that they realized it).
            UPDATE....Terry Bland confirms Skip cut a pylon.
            UPDATE #2: This Terri scrapping egg off face for throwing Miss A under bus for sand bagging Silver every year. She BUMPED to the GOLD - YAHOO! Like they say....this is Reno....anything can happen. Good man Brent, for steppin' her up. CONGRATS HOOT!!!!

Comment

according to the RARA site - Rare Bear was officially declared the winner

To Wayne and all the folks sending in updates all week - THANKS! I wasn't able to make it to this year for various reasons, so being able to keep updated and see some excellent pictures, really made a difference. As Wayne can attest to, it's not the same as being there, but it's the next best thing. Everyone did a great job and it's much appreciated.

Comment

The Gold wasn't supposed to be run until 4:45 pacific. Could they have accually been AHEAD of schedule? Wow! Hopefully all the Calafornians can make it back over the hill before the snow starts!

Congratulations Bear!!
                You showed what a motivated, talented crew can do!

Race 29
                Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

My hat is off the to the team, pilot, and all of those that never gave up on them.

I'll have to go have a drink and toast their victory.

Lonnie

Comment

Thanks Triever for the quick report!! It's been confirmed on RARA's website. Any other results? Did Warlock win the T-6 Gold?

Race 29
                    (wearing my Warlock shirt, drinking from my Rare Bear coffee mug!)
                    Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

poor weather was coming in so the moved the gold unlimited up to make sure it happened.

rare bear won, i was wrong, great race though!

precious metal took fourth in the silver, ron did great!
                      heh heh alriiiight

Comment

The mighty Skip has just struck out. Don't get me wrong, Skip would be my first choice to drive my Unlimited (if I had one), but that other "speed-slinger for hire", John Penney, came up the winner today. The race was run early, due to the weather (ironically, the race was run in the worst weather of the day, oh well...) and John leaped past Mike Brown in Sept. Fury and stayed very close to Dago Red. In a post race interview, Penney said he saw Holm cut pylon 4 on lap 2. Minutes later, it was confirmed. It was a great race, in any case, with the Bear licking at Dago's tail feather's for most of the race.
                        And so the sun (literally) came out just after the race, and it figuratively shines on the whole Rare Bear crew tonight.

Comment

Yahoo!!! Wish I could have seen it- maybe someone will post video soon. I would have loved to see the two of them 1.6 seconds apart!

Comment

well.. personal i wished dago would have pulled it off an the weather was bad,but i would like to say great job to the BEAR tem two years ago they didn't think he would return.

GREAT job guys

Comment

Wayne,

Regardless of what happened, it was one of the best races in a very long time! The battle for first was what was keeping us warm this afternoon. It was great to see Voodoo and Miss A in the Gold race!

It will be interesting to see what happens at Nellis. Yea, it's a demonstration, but we all know what happens when you get competitive pilots on a race course. That'll be really fun!!!

OK, time for dinner and begin thawing out.

Jeff Lee

Comment

Working...
                              X