Unofficial Sport Gold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unofficial Sport Gold

Russ Nichols has just posted this report via his cell phone... please note, as mentioned in the report, this is an unofficial observation, please refer to the official results to be posted later for official times and finishing positions..

"Nemesis taxied out for the gold heat, but returned to the pits before positioning on the runway.

Greenameyer and Parker stayed close to each other, but Greenameyer led the whole race. They ran away from the rest of the field.

The rest of the results (unofficial and by observation):

1. 33- Greenameyert
    2. 351-Parker
    3. 99- Morse
    4. 6 - Claypool (an Edge 540)
    5. 1 - Cronin
    6. 7 - Wright
    7. 74- Sutherland"

Thanks Russ!!

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Unofficial Sport Gold

I understand the reluctance of posting unofficial called in info, but sounds like this guy is a regular established contact, so as long as you put up the disclaimers we'd love to keep seeing these updates. Unlimited Heat 3-C should be running soon, or by now right?

THANK YOU WAYNE!

Comment

Originally posted by Lowell
      I understand the reluctance of posting unofficial called in info, but sounds like this guy is a regular established contact, so as long as you put up the disclaimers we'd love to keep seeing these updates. Unlimited Heat 3-C should be running soon, or by now right?

THANK YOU WAYNE!
      Lowell... I've been doing my best and I hope to get some more up to date stuff, including a live (not broadcast) rundown of tomorrow's UL gold... there is, however, another problem here...

I can only go for about a half hour doing anything other than resting and then I have to rest some more

I'll be done with the radiation on Monday.... timing, it's always timing aint it??

As long as anyone who puts stuff up puts up the disclaimer, we're fine with it going up... as long as it's not blatantly stupid, I won't even go into what we've had posted in the past!

Anyway... glad you enjoyed, I did also.. hope to see more...

Wayne
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

That Live Unlimited Gold updating would be TOO COOL!!! And a first in Air racing on the web I'd think. PLEASE do give it a try!

The following is unofficial Saturday news via cell:

I talked to Holbrook Maslen about 30 minutes ago. He flew the Shoestring Judy to 7th, he said, in the Formula Gold Heat this morning, while Gary Hubler again won. By the way, there is a good article on the three Southwest Idaho Formula One pilots (including Scotty Crandlemire)in the Idaho Press Tribune today.
        See: idahopress.com
        Article titled: Local Pilots Fly Fast In Reno by Tammie Knauff

Holbrook also said Spirit of Texas crossed finish line first in the Unlimited heat 3-C.

Comment

Re: Nemesis NXT (PR or Tactics)

When the NXT taxied out for the race, was it a PR move or a racing tactic which would allow them to race later?

Comment

Nemesis was just taxiing for the crowd. It was not going to fly. But what and awesome effort from the team to get it back together. I'm sure it will fly soon.

To night, very late, I will tie a boat anchor to race 33!

Bill Pearce

By the way, Blue Thunder has been impounded, but that is okay. We can deal with it!
            Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
            Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

Comment

I almost forgot, the NXT crew got a loaner prop to taxi around on. It was not Race 300's prop that was to be used as reported earlier. Also, the Greenamyer bunch got a loaner prop from Rick Schrameck of Aero Supercharger Solutions. I understand Rick flew up form Las Vegas to give them the prop off his plane. I do not know how the damaged prop turned out, but the crew did clean up before they left them American Air Racing shop (probably around 1 AM)!

Hey Darryl and Andy.... time to name that badboy. How about "Lightning". Darryl used to own one and it's faster than Thunder!

(wink)

Bill Pearce

Info may not be right but if you're not here you won't know.

Do unofficial records count?
              Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press

Comment

So why would Blue Thunder be impounded? Does this mean they cannot work on it before the race?

Better look for hidden "boat anchors" with a RARA logo when you get it out of the lockup.

Comment

Originally posted by W J Pearce
                  Info may not be right but if you're not here you won't know.
                  Now THAT'S funny!

Wayne,
                  What time (pacific) do you think you'll be doing the coverage? If you don't think you'll have the energy, contact me offline and I'll give you my phone number and I'll do it for you. I'll check this thread in the morning. Maybe you can set up a link to the chat room and give the results there? Let me know if I can help.

Race 29
                  Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin L
                    So why would Blue Thunder be impounded? Does this mean they cannot work on it before the race?

Better look for hidden "boat anchors" with a RARA logo when you get it out of the lockup.
                    Well I think all the Sport Gold were impounded. They all had an "Evidence" tape across the gas caps and were not allowed out of the Era hangar. The crews are allowed to work on the planes. So, for everyone but Parker, it is not a major change from normal. But Parker had to bring in tools and everything else he needed to the Era hangar, which was a pain. Also, the team is not set up to have the plane any place but the American Air Racing hangar so there are a few security concerns. We hope no one decided to see how strong composites are during the night.

It is not a huge deal, but it does make things difficult.

Wish us luck....

Thanks for the interest.

Bill
                    Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press

Comment

Working...
                    X