Rare bear Cuno

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rare bear Cuno

Word is the cuno is clean...compression checks are underway...can't say much about those at this time. The top three finishing order for the race was Dago, Rare Bear then September Fury. Pretty close race, lap times around the 460-470 range? Nobody really pushing it, mostly just checking each other out, playing it safe. The Fan Sponsor party is underway, so the guys are taking a bit of a well deserved break!

Stacy Thomas

Re: Rare bear Cuno

$hit Hot Stacy, you guys did great, Keep it up!

-Ken Dwelle

Comment

Cylinders are to be replaced tonight. One or two, not sure. Cryptic message because of crew members cryptic comments.
      Chris...
      Exhausts looked good and clean, side of airplane looked slightly wet with good color. Seemed to run pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
        $hit Hot Stacy, you guys did great, Keep it up!

-Ken Dwelle
        I agree Ken! If the team laid down every time those "in the know" told us they were finished, she'd still be in the hangar from last year, waiting to race for the first time!

Those guys had everything going the wrong direction for them last year.. I was there, lived with them stayed up all night, pure drudge..... yet.... against the toughest competitor to come along in many years, they hang in and pull the rabbit out of the hat and finish second..

This year, I don't have the honor of pulling the all-nighters with the guys but same story... looks like from day one, the tail was trying to wag the dog and these guys just hung in there didn't listen to the "We're Doomed" "We're all DOOMED" messages and they figured it out. Now, with a little luck and patience, they'll, at least, pull off another second. Not too darn bad on a shoestring budjet, and a bunch of guys who don't know how to work on anything that has exposed blades...

(kidding!)

Wish I could just say things as short and sweet as you do Ken but that's my $20. on the subject...

Go Bear!
        Wayne Sagar,
        Biased "journalist"
        Rare Bear Supporter!
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

You said it Wayne!

My two cents...

I get goose bumps when I hear "The Bear" take off!

"Go Bear!"

Don
          Rare Bear Supporter

Comment

GO Voodoo!! And GO Bear!

Comment

Originally posted by Trievermom
              GO Voodoo!! And GO Bear!
              Hi "T" say hey to the doggers and yer mate ey! You guys didn't go did you? If you're never gonna go and or, when you do, I'm always gonna be too busy, one half of this is gonna have to visit the other, somehow....

But anyway... Howdy!

Wayne
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Hi Wayne,
                I'm medically grounded this year too. And on top of that....I just had twins - doggers that is. Willie and Gracie...13 week golden retrievers!!! Bob headed out yesterday - lucky boy!! He's being good though...he calls every few hours and gives me updates. First one this morning was to tell me all about the gooey-delicious cinnamon roll he had at the hotel bakery this morning - that's MEAN! Other than that, I'm digging all over the internet to get as much info as I can.
                THANKS SO MUCH FOR DOING ALL OF THIS - ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU FEEL SO CRUMMIE!! I hope it gives you something to take your mind off of the yuckie stuff and gets you charged up for Nellis!! Looks like you have a lot of people praying for you - that's great! Times like these show you what you're really made of...that's for sure...AND your friends and family.
                I hope Mother Nature cooperates today. IF you happen to know of any little off beat website that is posting/blogging race updates - I'd LOVE to know! Too much info is never a bad thing on race weekend!!! Septemberpops.com is doing a good job again this year! OF COURSE NOTHING TOPS THIS!!!
                Weather sure is crummie over here in Boise...sure could go for a hot cinnamon roll.
                Terri

Comment

Hi Terri... don't know of anyone "blogging" (wish I knew what that really meant) in fact, my crew are always under instruction to error on the side of less information, unless confirmed...

Although, I'd probably personally like to see a system where someone was sitting at a keyboard taking phone messages from the folks in the field and then uploading it, we actually had planned on doing it that way this year but, getting the confirmations has the guys and girls doing the reporting down there this year pretty much doing a once a day update to me...

I did just get a piece of info, I'll throw it out as unconfirmed, but a fellow who has been uploading via a cell phone just said that Jon and Trish pulled NXT out for a Sport heat race.... No idea if this is true or if they could actually be eligible to race since they have only qualified and not raced yet.... I guess, if they won the heat, they could then elect to move up to the gold and go from there so, maybe true?

Anyone down there have any info on this??

Wayne
                  Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I know this is a bit late but they pulled out NXT for a gear ops check (taxi only)...the plane looked sweet! Next year is going to be interesting indeed!

Comment

Working...
                    X